Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to start a news website - Does vBulletin offer full site integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to start a news website - Does vBulletin offer full site integration?

I'm currently working on a technology news and reviews website, and I want to feature vBulletin as the website forums, and I have a few inquiries.

01. Firstly, is it possible to integrate vB's user accounts outside the forums, across the entire website? For example, I want users to be able to sign in to the website, if at the index.php, and they'll be signed in to the forums (without having to login to the forums again), and also have it show at the top of the website they're account name and profile icon.

02. Since I plan to launch a news website, is there a way that users can comment on news articles on the main index page, by being logged in and using their forum username and credentials? Ideally I want everything linked together, so one account can be used to comment on website posts, and then also post on the forums without needed two separate accounts.

03. Similar to two, is there a way to enable forum users to be able to like news articles posted on the sites, and have that saved to their profile under a section 'Liked Articles', or something of that nature?

04. If possible for members to comment on news posts by using the same forum name, is there a way for members to view other members post history by clicking their user name?

05. Lastly- is there a mod that allows admins to transform the site from just forums to a full out news website? I'm looking for a news CMS that allows me to have two parts of the site: the main where the news articles are and then the forums. Does vB offer a mod that allows the admin to transform it from just a forum to a full out website? Similar to these sites here: http://www.androidcentral.com and http://www.wpcentral.com - I like how forum users can comment on articles, and once they login, have access across the entire site.

Thanks!

01 - 04: Right out of the box (or download server in this case), vBulletin would need code edits and modification to make it 'talk' with other software and share different details between databases. If you're proficient in PHP, you could cook something up. Or you could take a look at vBulletin.org and see if there's a solution over there.

05: When purchasing a new license, you'll be given access to vBulletin 4.x Suite. The Suite version comes with a CMS and Blogs add-on and you or a developer can use these systems to customise and set them up suitable for your site.
    Aakif Nazir

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X