Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can VB5 do paid subscriptions AFTER free for a certain period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can VB5 do paid subscriptions AFTER free for a certain period?

I want to purchase VB5 however I haven't seen this question answered.

I'll be starting a private forum for a group of professionals. I want them to join (register) for free, but then after 6 months or so, force everyone to purchase a subscription.

Can VB5 handle this? If not, what would be the best way to do this with VB5?

As things stand - the paid subscription feature isn't in vB5 and won't be in the 5.0 release.
    However it will be coming in a later version.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

In VB 4.2, which does have paid subscriptions after 6 moths you would create a new usergroup with the permissions copied from registered users (easy), create the new paid subscription that would move users into the new group (also easy) and finally go to usergroup manager and edit/remove permissions from registered users (or forum permissions depending on exactly what you want to deny them.)

This will effectively require everyone to purchase a subscription to keep the access they had been accustomed to.

Comment

Great, thanks very much. I like the features of VB5 - any idea when the paid feature will be introduced? If not too far off, I'd rather wait than upgrade from 4.2.

Comment