No announcement yet.

Use existing SMF theme on vBulletin ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use existing SMF theme on vBulletin ???

Tue 13 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

Hi All,

Newbie here. Be nice, please!

I hope I have done enough research before posting this question. Sorry if it is covered elsewhere. My SMF forum http://forum.mindbodythailand.net is finished for the most part, but little activity just yet. I like SMF, but it is clunky in many respects, and I am considering changing to vBulletin now before the change-over becomes unmanageable. As it is, already will be a big pain in the butt!

The only problem is that I really like the the theme I am using, and more importantly the theme is is consistent across the non-forum parts of the website. This was an expensive, lengthy process to get done. I am just wondering how difficult and/or expensive it would be to get a similar look and feel to vBulletin, including the banner and menu bar on top. Although the code for the theme (ds_natural) is readily available, it would not necessarily have to be an exact clone (unless that is easy); similar colors and look and feel would work. My skill set is very basic, and I would certainly consider a fee-based solution if someone can do this for me easily.

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Aloha,

Rex
    Khon Kaen, Thailand
    Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Tue 13th Nov '12, 10:44pm. Reason: Email address removed

As SMF and vBulletin will use completely different CSS classes, there would be a reasonable amount of work required in order to convert the style over. Once you own a license, you will have access to our customisation site where you can either get help to do this or post in the 'Requests for Paid Services' forum there to seek someone out to do this for you:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X