Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning to Buy vBulletin, Need more info ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aakif N.
    replied
    1) This can be adjusted through different Usergroup permissions and a mix of different Forum permissions.

2) This is something which will require modification of the original code. You should see vBulletin.org about this.

3) Yes, this can be done.

4) Paid Subscriptions will allow you to set up subscriptions which can span days, weeks, months and years and give access to certain areas while the subscription is active.

5) A modification can do this for you. See vBulletin.org

6) There is nothing like this built in the system however third party developers may have done something to create a sort of integration between the two platforms.

7) You'd need good knowledge of HTML/CSS and/or an able vBulletin designer to design something similar.

8) vBulletin comes with different Anti-Spam management tools out of the box. In addition to this, there are several effective modifications which can extend this functionality and they can be found at vBulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• vibethemes
    started a topic Planning to Buy vBulletin, Need more info ..

Planning to Buy vBulletin, Need more info ..

Hi VB Team,

I am planning to buy vBulletin for my site's forum & support requirements. Since I have very specific technical requirements I would like to know how much can vBulletin help me in achieving the same. Please tell if all of the following is possible with VB:

Q1. : I need to run different forums/threads, one for public and one for private members. The Private Forums/Threads are accessible only to private members but private members can access the public forum/threads without having to register again.

Q2. : The private members would require to validate their membership for that particular forum/thread using a code(which I'll validate using an API call from a third party). So if a private member is a member to private thread A then in order to gain access to private thread B she'll have to validate by entering another code for thread B.

Q3. : I should be able to create support forms i.e the icons specific to these forums should show Unsolved Query/Solved Query statuses.

Q4. : I should be able to give paid memberships for some forums which expires after a given timeline.. example: User A has access to private Forum B but only valid for 30 days, after 30 days user A would not be able to access forum B.

Q5. : I should be able to host time based "contests" forums for private members/ Members validated for private threads/ Public members. After the time has elapsed the forum commenting is closed.

Q6. : How easy is forum's integration with WordPress? I'll have to migrate my existing forum from BBPress to vBulletin, how easy is this?

Q7. : How easy it is to style the forum like my existing forum :goo.gl/nUsVO

Lastly, I need an excellent spam prevention system..

Out of above requirements, I need to know what all is possible if I go with vBulletin.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X