Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously? We just bought 4.2 in June but put off the CMS software due to budgetary constraints. Now that we're ready to buy it I have to shell out another $200+ instead of the old CMS addon price? We don't want vb5 right now because we're just getting 4.2 to run properly.

Comment

Sorry, but since we no longer sell vB4 licenses, we don't sell that option either.

Comment

Originally posted by MyHattie View Post
        Seriously? We just bought 4.2 in June but put off the CMS software due to budgetary constraints. Now that we're ready to buy it I have to shell out another $200+ instead of the old CMS addon price? We don't want vb5 right now because we're just getting 4.2 to run properly.
        You may wish to keep Ver 4 for a while, as some of the features are not available in Ver 5.

Ver 4 is very strong right now, and your license is unlimited.

DAVID COPELAND
        Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
        Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

Originally posted by David Copeland View Post
          You may wish to keep Ver 4 for a while, as some of the features are not available in Ver 5.

Ver 4 is very strong right now, and your license is unlimited.
          Unlimited wouldn't be the word I would use. You are limited to 1 install per license, it simply doesn't expire.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
            Unlimited wouldn't be the word I would use. You are limited to 1 install per license, it simply doesn't expire.
            Yes, one install be time, but if the licensee wishes to move his/her forum to a new website and disable the old site, they should be able to do so for life.

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

but if the licensee wishes to move his/her forum to a new website and disable the old site, they should be able to do so for life.
              Any time,provided IB agrees to do it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/license-agreement/

1.4 Domain Use. The Software may only be used on a single website domain. Any modification of the Software intended to circumvent the foregoing is prohibited and will result in revocation of the License. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the License may be transferred to another domain with vBulletin Solutions’ prior written consent and a transfer fee subject to the vBulletin Solutions then current fees.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                Any time,provided IB agrees to do it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/license-agreement/
                That makes sense, as VB would have to change their internal scouting records that scour the internet looking for illegal sites that do not match up to their records, I imagine they would either waive the fee or it would be modest.

In choosing to purchase a license, it is probably best to keep the same domain name, while giving us the option to move to a different web server or site that will use the same url. That should not entail any permission whatsoever.

PS: What is "The most Livable City" ?

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

PS: What is "The most Livable City" ?
                  The most liveable City

Comment

I would recommend Vienna too

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
                      I would recommend Vienna too
                      It's a nice place to live but it's behind by 0.1%

Comment

We're off track and since the original question has been answered, I am going to close this.

If anyone has any questions about their purchase options, please open a new thread.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment