Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin payment gateway error 2.2.27- Billing Address not matching with cardholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin payment gateway error 2.2.27- Billing Address not matching with cardholder

Hello, I am tired with all these gateway errors when attempting to pay VBulletin. I was trying to pay $149 for professional install/upgrade of my VB4.1.7 to VB4.2. Anyone experienced with similar problem and how it resolved.?

This is my story...Few days back i tried paying VBulletin with my brother CC and got message "Gateway error 2.2.27. The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provide doesn't match billing address of cardholder"

I have tried 7 times but no result and after that i got new CC on my own name and tried but again same thing happend and got same error "Gateway error 2.2.27. The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provide doesn't match billing address of cardholder"

I have contacted Bank people but they clearly mentioned that everything is fine at their end and I have contacted VB for ticket support and they asked me to contact bank but bank people are just saying they have no issues and card is active and am not getting any clue why this error is coming even after entering accurate details.

I have entered Billing Address exactly same as in my bank statement the error has no meaning. I saw this kind of issues before but people solved their problem by paying via paypal but i have not seen anyone solved this issue b paying directly with CC.

I like VB a lot and am a big fan of Vbulletin and services are professional. VB staff please help me over this payment issue. Finally anyone who had similar problem before,please let me know how your issue got resolved. Thanks
    Last edited by drdoc; Thu 1 Nov '12, 10:38pm.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem.

I see that you have an open and ongoing ticket with someone in sales. I'll see if I can't get them to follow up soon.

Comment

Just to be clear on one point, the "error" isnt anything vB or IB have any control over.

Your details are being sent to the payment gateway, and it is rejecting them, all we do is display that rejection message.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem.

I see that you have an open and ongoing ticket with someone in sales. I'll see if I can't get them to follow up soon.
        Yes ticket chat is going on and last time they tried manually and replied like this "We have tried numerous times to process the card, but regrettably still receive the error."

My Card related Bank and My brother card related Bank, both banks are clearly mentioning that they don't have any issues and advised me to contact my merchant(vbulletin). Interestingly It was confirmed from my Bank that " your merchant cancelled your transaction and everything is fine from Bank side. Please consult your Vbulletin staff regarding cancellation done by Vbulletin"

May be as Paul mentioned there is nothing in your hands and payment gateway is rejecting them. But what is wrong and can you people contact payment gateway and solve this problem.

My request to other users that if anyone encountered similar problem before and how they solved this. Thanks to members and VB staff

Comment

Just giving Billing Address on vbulletin same as the billing address that was on your card .may solve this problem.

which country card you are using? which address you are giving..? be some more clear on Question.
          www.jntuhub.com | www.jntuhub.in |

Comment

Originally posted by Jntu Hub View Post
            Just giving Billing Address on vbulletin same as the billing address that was on your card .may solve this problem.

which country card you are using? which address you are giving..? be some more clear on Question.
            My Vbulletin account contact address and my billing address are almost same except minor difference . Example my VB address shows Floor number of my house but billing address just shows house address..i mean my VB address shows for example-HNo: 1-2-3/4, 1st floor and street details but my billing address shows just 1-2-3/4 and street details ( so VB has extra thing which is HNo alphabets and 1st floor) . I think i need to make exact word to word address which matches with VB and my billing address. This was NOT raised by VB but i will ask VB to modify that minor change and lets try in that way.

I am using indian visa card and am giving my own house address which is same in VB and CC billing( except minor difference mentioned above)

Now i will update my VB address to make sure even every alphabet matches with billing address.

Error says "Gateway error 2.2.27. The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provide doesn't match billing address of cardholder" so i should think on your advice...Thank u for advice and i thought of this before but not convinced.

I have 2 options now either i will ask VB to modify my address to match exactly with bank billing address or else i will ask my bank to modify address which match with my vb account address...either of these attempts will match my address word to word

First i will try asking VB to modify my address (which is very minor change in wording). Hope good.
            Thanks
            Last edited by drdoc; Thu 1 Nov '12, 9:52pm.

Comment

Can't you edit it yourself in your Member's Area?

(And yes, it has to match exactly. That's what the error says. Why'd you say "I have entered Billing Address exactly same as in my bank statement and account and the error has no meaning." if you haven't actually done that?)
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Just now i requested VB to update my address to match exactly with my Bank account billing address. I wish VB update my address asap so that i can make next try with my CC payment.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                Can't you edit it yourself in your Member's Area?

(And yes, it has to match exactly. That's what the error says. Why'd you say "I have entered Billing Address exactly same as in my bank statement and account and the error has no meaning." if you haven't actually done that?)
                Hello, During payment checkout we will be asked to enter billing address. VB permitted me to use my brother CC and my brother billing address do not match with my VB address( obviously). So i was not warned by VB regarding this and even VB billing member manually tried using my brother CC. If that was the case VB would have informed me and why they allow me to enter my brother billing address. I think billing address must match with CC holder address so i convinced with that.

Read my statement as "I have entered Billing Address exactly same as in my bank statement and the error has no meaning". I entered "account" by typo error

i tried in members area and it is NOT allowing me to modify so i requested VB via ticket

- - - Updated - - -

I need clarification from VBulletin regarding statements below.which should i follow

FIRST statement: "VB Checkout billing address, Billing address of CC holder and VB account address all 3 address should be same word to word"

SECOND statement: "VB Checkout billing address, Billing address of CC holder must be same word to word and there is no need to match those 2 address with VB account address"

Here consider CC holder as same person with VB account holder.

I tried with my cousin CC as well with my own CC but got same error. When i was trying with my own CC, then my "VB Checkout billing address, Billing address of my CC matched word to word but my VB account address has just minor difference but basically address is same.

Thanks
                Last edited by drdoc; Thu 1 Nov '12, 10:42pm.

Comment

I have 2 options now either i will ask VB to modify my address to match exactly with bank billing address or else i will ask my bank to modify address which match with my vb account address...either of these attempts will match my address word to word

First i will try asking VB to modify my address (which is very minor change in wording). Hope good.
                  Thanks

yes Try from VB side only to change address, its not so easy to change address & not so Quick on our indian banks to do this..

Raise a ticket in vb u will get solved in 1 day for change of address

- - - Updated - - -

i have failed once to pay for Vb using indian credit cards..

So i made purchase through USA Card , As my friend stays in USA.

And if you use Indian credit card they may charge around 4% for conversion of INR to Dollar.

If u have any option to make purchase from USA side , like fnds/relatives , ask them to do so .. this will be the best choice.
                  Last edited by Jntu Hub; Fri 2 Nov '12, 4:54am.
                  www.jntuhub.com | www.jntuhub.in |

Comment

Originally posted by dr.reddy View Post
                    May be as Paul mentioned there is nothing in your hands and payment gateway is rejecting them. But what is wrong and can you people contact payment gateway and solve this problem.

My request to other users that if anyone encountered similar problem before and how they solved this. Thanks to members and VB staff
                    The gateway provider gives as approval and denial codes. Currently that is Authorize.net. They match the information provided on our forms through the card network (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) with that of the member banks. They then return a code for either approval or denial. Our software works based on that code. We don't ever see the bank's information just the results.

If you're card won't work for whatever reason, I suggest trying Paypal.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      The gateway provider gives as approval and denial codes. Currently that is Authorize.net. They match the information provided on our forms through the card network (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) with that of the member banks. They then return a code for either approval or denial. Our software works based on that code. We don't ever see the bank's information just the results.

If you're card won't work for whatever reason, I suggest trying Paypal.
                      I agree with you. I learned about payment gateway via wikipedia.

what about the concept that some members advised here that VB account and billing address must match exactly?

I need clarification from VBulletin regarding statements below.which should i follow

FIRST statement: "VB Checkout billing address, Billing address of CC holder and VB account address all 3 address should be same word to word"

SECOND statement: "VB Checkout billing address, Billing address of CC holder must be same word to word and there is no need to match those 2 address with VB account address"

Comment

To reduce the chance of error, the address provided during the purchase should match the address on your card's billing statement exactly. That is what we look at. We don't look at previous purchases.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          To reduce the chance of error, the address provided during the purchase should match the address on your card's billing statement exactly. That is what we look at. We don't look at previous purchases.
                          You said "the address provided during the purchase should match the address on your card's billing statement exactly"...i understand this as billing address entered during checkout should match exactly with billing address of CC holder ( here am CC holder)...so i have done this already but got error...so now i also want to make sure my VB account address should also match with billing address during checkout+billing address of CC billing statement.

so please update my contact details in my vb account to match exactly with my CC billing address. I have requested in ticket already few hours back. Thanks a lot and hope error may rectified by this move....once updated i can try again with my CC...thanks

Comment

The issue with credit cards is once you get an error, you can continue getting that error even after you have made changes. This is due to anti-fraud checks put into place. Does your bank offer one-time use card numbers on your account type? You might try that.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have physical CC and i think you are talking about Virtual CC. I have 2 banks and both offer that Virtual CC .So i think once i rejected on physical CC, i cannot succeed next time. But it is my own cc so how i got filtered in anti-fraud system ? Anyway i don't want to waste your precious time and i will try first with my physical CC ad next i will try virtual cc and finally if not succeded then i will go back to wire transfer.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X