Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give individual members Administrator control over only a specific Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give individual members Administrator control over only a specific Forum?

I want to use a forum software application for a collaborative storytelling project where an author starts a story and then additional members can add to it. I think the way this would work is to ask for members to submit the beginning paragraphs for moderation/approval and then create a Forum for that story with the original author having Administrator control over just that Forum.

As Administrator of just that Forum, the author would need to be able to:
    Edit all posts in just that Forum
    Lock Threads in just that Forum
    Ban Members from just that Forum

If an author starts a new story, then they would get a new Forum for it, which means that they would have to able to be the Administrator of more than one Forum at a time, with the same limitations/capabilities for each of their Forums.

Can vBulletin do that?

(It's possible that the rights may be SuperModerator instead of Administrator.)
    Last edited by amused; Sat 8th Nov '14, 2:36am.

You can't make someone an administrator just for one forum.

You can make people moderators of just one forum though. They can edit posts in just that forum, and lock threads in just that forum, but vBulletin has no facility to ban people from just one forum.

You might be able to leverage Social Groups for this though...anyone can create a social group and then they have rights to control that group, which can include denying people membership of it.

You can request an online demo which has full admin rights and have a play about with this if you like:

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb4-trial/
    http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5-trial
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Mark -

When you say 'Social Groups' is that the same thing as 'Groups' which is the only thing I find at the Demo site for VB4?

If so, that looks perfect!

Thanks!

Comment

Groups / Social Groups are often used interchangeably, sorry for the confusion.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X