• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    beishe8

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by DoDeH1 View Post
    Well for this amount of money you get the vb5 and access to vb4 publishing suite... Before the vb5 beta release you had to pay much more and you had only vb4 so this is a good deal given the circumstances.
    Not really,because:

Originally posted by SamNicholson View Post
    Forgot to mention I own a VB4 license, I was planning to upgrade to the CMS
    vB 4 Forum license to vB4 Suite license used to cost $100

Leave a comment:

• SamNicholson

• SamNicholson
    replied
    Originally posted by JuniorNation View Post
    Save yourself the hassle and go to vbadvanced.com for your CMPS
    1. Is that a serious suggestion? CMPS vs the integrated CMS provided by VB? Don't make me laugh. I've used there portal thing, it's good but doesn't offer anywhere near the standard as the publishing suite.
    2. I've already bought VB5.

Leave a comment:

• JuniorNation

• JuniorNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    It's called vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, and is available with a vB5 Connect license.
    Save yourself the hassle and go to vbadvanced.com for your CMPS

Leave a comment:

• Ace

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by SamNicholson View Post
    I don't want to pay like $209 for loads of other features that I don't need or want, I just want the publishing suite as previously available. I guess it's no longer available for purchase?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly why remove all the VB4 versions, when VB5 has close to no themes or mods for it, it will take months for bugs to be ironed out.
    a) A few months ago, the price for vB4 Suite was $285.
    b) They haven't removed all the versions. You can use any one of them, all the way back to the 2.x series, if you wish.

Leave a comment:

• DoDeH1

• DoDeH1
    replied
    May the force be with U

Leave a comment:

• SamNicholson

• SamNicholson
    replied
    Originally posted by DoDeH1 View Post
    Maybe but I think we will be able to highly customize it. This is still beta, I'm not happy with it either but let's wait and see when the gold is out.
    On the other hand as we see what's happening on the internet I'm not surprised of IB's move in reference with social networks. This is the trend and that's what people are interested in. I know that we might see it different because we are used to what we've had till now. There are new generations of young people and they have different tastes.
    I can bet with any of you that in a couple of years Xenforo, IPB, and all the other board software companies will move in this direction and none of us will say a word. It's like with the cars. We don't want or we hardly get used to electric cars but eventually we will have to drive them.
    Whatever, I've bought VB5, see how this turns out.

Leave a comment:

• DoDeH1

• DoDeH1
    replied
    Maybe but I think we will be able to highly customize it. This is still beta, I'm not happy with it either but let's wait and see when the gold is out.
    On the other hand as we see what's happening on the internet I'm not surprised of IB's move in reference with social networks. This is the trend and that's what people are interested in. I know that we might see it different because we are used to what we've had till now. There are new generations of young people and they have different tastes.
    I can bet with any of you that in a couple of years Xenforo, IPB, and all the other board software companies will move in this direction and none of us will say a word. It's like with the cars. We don't want or we hardly get used to electric cars but eventually we will have to drive them.

Leave a comment:

• SamNicholson

• SamNicholson
    replied
    The biggest draw back for me is that new VB5 forum, it looks really "lite" and amateur. I want more structure to my forum.

Leave a comment:

• DoDeH1

• DoDeH1
    replied
    Well for this amount of money you get the vb5 and access to vb4 publishing suite... Before the vb5 beta release you had to pay much more and you had only vb4 so this is a good deal given the circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• SamNicholson

• SamNicholson
    replied
    I don't want to pay like $209 for loads of other features that I don't need or want, I just want the publishing suite as previously available. I guess it's no longer available for purchase?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly why remove all the VB4 versions, when VB5 has close to no themes or mods for it, it will take months for bugs to be ironed out.

Leave a comment:

• Ace

• Ace
    replied
    It's called vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, and is available with a vB5 Connect license.

Leave a comment:

• SamNicholson

• SamNicholson
    started a topic Vb4 cms?

Vb4 cms?

What's the VB4 called with the whole built in CMS/Blog feature? Is it called the mobile suite?

Is it even available anymore for upgrade under the VB4 addons? I couldn't see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention I own a VB4 license, I was planning to upgrade to the CMS one but now 5 is out I think it might be unavailable. If that's the case then that's pretty ridiculous.