VB5 Professional installation service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB5 Professional installation service

Hi pre-sales, i am hosting with godaddy and like to purchase professional installation service.

For the service, will it be provided as a beta once off installation or will there be installation for VB5 when its available?

Will there be any installation issues with godaddy hosting? If any, please elaborate

Thanks

There will be issues with godaddy hosting. We've tried a number of times to work with GoDaddy, and with our customers who are hosted with GoDaddy. GoDaddy has flat out refused to help their own customers, or work with us to try to resolve issues on their end.

Once gold is available, we can recommend professional installations.

Comment

We cannot install vBulletin 5 on GoDaddy due to the older versions of MySQL they use. You can use vBulletin 4.X though.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Luke.

The VB 5 connect license at $249 has facebook app and comes with v4.2 license. Does it mean to install vb4.2, there is no need to purchase facebook app?

Secondly, does the professional install at $149 includes both v4.2 and facebook apps setup?

Comment

1. The Facebook App will be the vB5 version - it's not currently available but as soon as it's ready, it will be added to the package. If you wish to run it the vB4 version, you will need to hold off as there's a bug in the Sales system that's being worked on at the moment that stops it from being listed for purchase.

2. No, the Professional Installation service only covers vB4/5, not the Facebook App or Mobile Apps
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

If i pay for the vb 5 connect license now, will it be possible to download v 4.2 from the members login ?

Comment

Originally posted by tpc07 View Post
              If i pay for the vb 5 connect license now, will it be possible to download v 4.2 from the members login ?
              Yes.
              No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                We cannot install vBulletin 5 on GoDaddy due to the older versions of MySQL they use. You can use vBulletin 4.X though.
                Hi Luke - has there been any vb5 license holders with successful installations on godaddy hosting?

Comment

Originally posted by tpc07 View Post
                  Hi Luke - has there been any vb5 license holders with successful installations on godaddy hosting?
                  No one has yet to report a successful installation of vBulletin 5 on GoDaddy.
                  Aakif Nazir

Comment

Seriously, get away from GoDaddy hosting. You will not have a good experience with vBulletin, even if you were to manage to get it to install.

Find a proper host - there are loads out there.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I would recommend you at least get a half decent VPS. Much easier to manage a forum on one of them.

Comment

How is Bluehost for hosting? Also, I just purchased vBulletin and am having my IT guy install it. Should he install the 4.3 version if I want the most stable and easiest to use (read no problems ; ) version? It sounds like I can have problems with the beta 5.0 version. Is this right?

Thanks! I just want the smoothest transition possible, as I'm going to be running my own forum for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by albanygirl View Post
                          How is Bluehost for hosting? Also, I just purchased vBulletin and am having my IT guy install it. Should he install the 4.3 version if I want the most stable and easiest to use (read no problems ; ) version? It sounds like I can have problems with the beta 5.0 version. Is this right?

Thanks! I just want the smoothest transition possible, as I'm going to be running my own forum for the first time.
                          There isn't a 4.3 version yet. Let him install 4.2.0

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

vBulletin 5 Connect is in beta stage, so vBUlletin 4.2.0 ist the best choise at the moment in order to run a life site.
                            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

any good hosting for vbulletin?

Comment