Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amr0d
    replied
    I need to buy the server at the end of the month, sorry for being irritating but I am under pressure because of all the things we need to do. Will the hardware that I posted before run the software fine? In case you didn't read it, it is a VPS with 4 vCores that have 1.5 GHz each and 8GB RAM and 500GB HDD RAID 10. RAM is dynamic and can be 16GB aswell but 8GB are guaranteed. Anything else I should be aware of?

Leave a comment:

• Amr0d
    replied
    I would rent a vServer with 4 vCores that have 1.5 GHz each, 8GB RAM (up to 16GB dynamic), 500GB Raid 10. This can be upgraded at any time.

I am fine with the language interfaces, content of course is english. But I am happy if the user can register himself in his native language.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Lot of questions here. To answer questions and your server we would need more information. Memory seems okay to start though. CPU and Disk Speed is more important though.

That software allows different interface languages but will not translate content. Both 4 and 5 allow you to place ads easily with ad management built into the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Leave a comment:

• Amr0d
    started a topic Hardware Specs?

Hardware Specs?

In the past I was running only some smaller forums with just a few users and most of the time I used Boards like phpBB etc.

I was quite fine with my vServer mit 4GB RAM etc.

But now I am planning a bigger forum in the size of Valves community forum but with less users(something around 5000 is planned for the beginning) but with lots of categories and sub-categories.

What hardware is needed to run this smooth and fast without problems? Will I be fine with another vServer with maybe bigger specs?

Is vBulletin able to support different languages so that every user can switch to his favorite? Are there any addons to include Google Ads or Ads in general without complications?

The Forum is planned to run on VB4 until VB5 is finished, is there anything else I should be aware of when it comes to this size?

I am sure I will have more questions soon.

//edit

If someone could provide a list of developers that can do addons. I would be very happy about that.
    Last edited by Amr0d; Wed 10 Oct '12, 5:37am.