Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 days left... to buy or not to buy the upgrade? What if... in December, they will drop the price?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry5039
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Your post doesn't show any edits...

Your posts have also been triggering our Moderation filter due to your IP Address and have only just been approved (unedited) by me - apologies for the delay. But to say we're hiding your posts deliberately because we're censoring you or your views or that we're editing them is way wide of the mark and a blatant fabrication.

I am sorry Sir but you are wrong mate post #4 was fully censored as it was at least 200 words long, hence the reason for my post #16 as you can see that's how post #16 starts, so no Sir it is not fabrication but fact and is not wide of the mark, its the truth as it was then.

I am not going to get into an argument over this, and I do not expect an apology either, but what I will make clear is I am not a liar.

Leave a comment:

• Gerry5039
    replied
    I would like first to apologise for me saying the price stinks, I have read the sticky at the top of the forum explaining the discounts, once again I opened my mouth before selecting a gear sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Eladesor
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Got your ticket, sorted and replied

There is a small bug with vB3 to vB5 upgrades and access to download the software which is being addressed. If anyone else has this issue, drop a ticket into support with the affected license number and we'll resolve it manually very quickly.
    Thank you - your help's appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by Eladesor View Post
    I bought the upgrade yesterday morning (previously had VB3) - Status type in members area showed "Active - vBulletin 5 Connect" and showed new download link. But every time I tried to access the downloads I got "Something Went Wrong! No versions are available for you to download as your license has expired. Please renew this license to re-enable downloads".

Sent an email to sales - no reply... nothing.... I did of course get the sales email this morning "vBulletin 5 Connect Beta 11 has been released bla bla bla" - which is wonderful... but what about letting people who have bought some 24hrs or more ago?

Login into my members area today and the Status type has now changed to "Inactive - Expired vBulletin 5 Connect"... And I still cant access my downloads

Been using VB for over 10 years... Support is brill - sales is .. well... .....
    Got your ticket, sorted and replied

There is a small bug with vB3 to vB5 upgrades and access to download the software which is being addressed. If anyone else has this issue, drop a ticket into support with the affected license number and we'll resolve it manually very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Eladesor View Post
    I bought the upgrade yesterday morning (previously had VB3) - Status type in members area showed "Active - vBulletin 5 Connect" and showed new download link. But every time I tried to access the downloads I got "Something Went Wrong! No versions are available for you to download as your license has expired. Please renew this license to re-enable downloads".

Sent an email to sales - no reply... nothing.... I did of course get the sales email this morning "vBulletin 5 Connect Beta 11 has been released bla bla bla" - which is wonderful... but what about letting people who have bought some 24hrs or more ago?

Login into my members area today and the Status type has now changed to "Inactive - Expired vBulletin 5 Connect"... And I still cant access my downloads

Send an email to [email protected], they'll be able to fix this for you.
    The main site and members area has had something of a makeover recently so there may be teething troubles.

Leave a comment:

• Eladesor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
    Just a simple question. If you buy 5.0 and use 4.x for two years, are yoiu able to move it to 5.0 without charge. I know you can ubtil the CMS comes out, but is this for as long as you have you license?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Super Cat
    replied
    Just a simple question. If you buy 5.0 and use 4.x for two years, are yoiu able to move it to 5.0 without charge. I know you can ubtil the CMS comes out, but is this for as long as you have you license?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Just to clarify something on upgrade pricing (excluding the coupon discount):

Before vB5 Released:

vB3 -> vB4: $250 (Publishing Suite)

After vB5 Released:

vB3 -> vB4: $209 (past, present and future vB4 versions all fully available with vB5 license)

vB3 -> vB5: $209

vB3 -> vB5: $209

Anyone who doesn't wish to upgrade to vB5 but has issues with the vB4 license no longer being available should note from the above that you actually are now getting a much better deal on upgrades than you did prior to vB5's launch. Also note than, when ready, the updated Facebook App will be included within the vB5 license fee for those who do upgrade to vB5, a further $99 saving.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerry5039 View Post
    You have miss quoted me and made this look like I am saying the price is good when it stinks.

I am just so sad that my whole post was censored out, I thought we all lived in a democracy or can Internet Brands not take criticism, and let people know the truth. Shame on you. Tell me what did I do 22 years service in the Army for, so you can take away what I believe in "The truth".

I know this will not see the light of day because it will be censored again. Shame on you man, you have a nice day.

Just so that you know, I write a column for PC Magazine here in the UK, and is also published in the US, lets see what Internet Brands thinks when I write about them forcing the sale of vB5 Beta 10 which is not even ready for sale yet, and have removed the purchase of vB4. As I live in Europe I shall be asking my Member of the European parliament to bring this subject up, in the next parliamentary session, and also to state that when I posted in answer to a post quoting European Law, it was censored and removed, without even letting me know why.

This will be the last post I shall make in this forum on the subject, as they get censored anyway, therefore I am wasting my time, I did keep a copy of the last post I made that you censored they can read it in the magazine. Good day to you.
    They aren't censoring you.

(Though, as an aside, private forums aren't democracies....but that's beside the point).

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy vB5. ANyone who wants vB4 can just buy a vBulletin licence, the licences happen to be called vB5 licences but these also allow you to use any previous version of vBulletin instead of vB5. Indeed this is even recommended since vB5 is still in beta and not advised for use on production sites.

vB5 licences give access to what used to be called the vBulletin Publishing Suite and as such are actually cheaper than the old vB4 equivalent used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You have miss quoted me and made this look like I am saying the price is good when it stinks.

I am just so sad that my whole post was censored out, I thought we all lived in a democracy or can Internet Brands not take criticism, and let people know the truth. Shame on you. Tell me what did I do 22 years service in the Army for, so you can take away what I believe in "The truth".

I know this will not see the light of day because it will be censored again. Shame on you man, you have a nice day.

Just so that you know, I write a column for PC Magazine here in the UK, and is also published in the US, lets see what Internet Brands thinks when I write about them forcing the sale of vB5 Beta 10 which is not even ready for sale yet, and have removed the purchase of vB4. As I live in Europe I shall be asking my Member of the European parliament to bring this subject up, in the next parliamentary session, and also to state that when I posted in answer to a post quoting European Law, it was censored and removed, without even letting me know why.

This will be the last post I shall make in this forum on the subject, as they get censored anyway, therefore I am wasting my time, I did keep a copy of the last post I made that you censored they can read it in the magazine. Good day to you.
    Your post doesn't show any edits...

Your posts have also been triggering our Moderation filter due to your IP Address and have only just been approved (unedited) by me - apologies for the delay. But to say we're hiding your posts deliberately because we're censoring you or your views or that we're editing them is way wide of the mark and a blatant fabrication.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied

Just so that you know, I write a column for PC Magazine here in the UK, and is also published in the US, lets see what Internet Brands thinks when I write about them forcing the sale of vB5 Beta 10 which is not even ready for sale yet, and have removed the purchase of vB4.

1) Who has been forced to buy VB5? Please let me know, how they were forced into it, and by who?

2) VB5 Connect comes with the ability to use VB4 Suite, so if you want VB4 you buy a VB5 license and you can use VB4 for as long as you want and it's cheaper than it used to be for the Suite alone.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by F4Flake View Post
    No but really, where did you find that? Just saying it again doesn't make it true.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin

Leave a comment:

• F4Flake
    replied
    No but really, where did you find that? Just saying it again doesn't make it true.

Leave a comment:

• Gerry5039
    replied
    Ace this is a sales ploy we got vb4, then vB4.2 then it jumped to vB5 Beta 10 so it can be sold as a major upgrade. I think most people will vote via their pocket.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X