X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by MarlinNut View Post
    Is there any way at this point to upgrade to 4.2 Suite, or is 5 the only option now?
    You can only upgrade your licence to vB5 - however that gives you access to vb4.2 suite should you choose to use it.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by sgpsai View Post
    firt timer, so excuse, advise..
    say i bought vb5 now , i get access to vb4, vb3, can i download all three vb4, vb3, vb2 and use them in three different URLs (websites) and have three forums??
    No, 1 license 1 active install. Regardless of which version you're using.

Leave a comment:

• sgpsai
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Yes.

Buy a vB5 licence but download and use vB4.

The licence allow you access to all previous vB versions including vB4, vB3 & vB2.
    firt timer, so excuse, advise..
    say i bought vb5 now , i get access to vb4, vb3, can i download all three vb4, vb3, vb2 and use them in three different URLs (websites) and have three forums??

Leave a comment:

• rudedog1968
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    Domain name changes still get done via the Member's area yourself, they have not been restricted.
    Has the lic agreement for vB4/5 been changed? It states you have to request, in writing, to vB to change your domain.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Domain name changes still get done via the Member's area yourself, they have not been restricted.

Leave a comment:

• rudedog1968
    replied
    Note if you do buy vB5 for vB4, you are now under the new lic agreement (transfers and domain change restrictions) and new 30 day only ticket support - still better then a second hand lic but much more expensive. Currently there is no ETA on when vB5 will be released and by the looks of the demo, it may be a very long time before you can even implement the vB5 part of the new sale.

Remember it took over 2 years for vB4 to be a "good" or "working" product

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    5 is the only option.

Leave a comment:

• MarlinNut
    replied
    You have to upgrade, just as you would have had to upgrade before vb5 came out.
    Is there any way at this point to upgrade to 4.2 Suite, or is 5 the only option now?

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by MarlinNut View Post
    I have a vB 4.2 forum license, and all I see is the previous versions of the forum program. Is there any way for me to get the vB 4.2 Suite with CMS? Or do I have to upgrade to 5 first?
    You have to upgrade, just as you would have had to upgrade before vb5 came out.

Leave a comment:

• MarlinNut
    replied
    From Forum to Suite

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Erm, no it's not - you can still download all previous versions of vB4 and vB3 with either an existing vB4 license or a new vB5 license. If you click on 'More Download Options' then you should have them all listed.
    I have a vB 4.2 forum license, and all I see is the previous versions of the forum program. Is there any way for me to get the vB 4.2 Suite with CMS? Or do I have to upgrade to 5 first?

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by Octars View Post
    So if I lived outside EUROPE I can't get second hand license?
    We have resumed allowing the transfer of VB3 & VB4 licences under the previous terms (1 transfer per license) no matter where you live.

Leave a comment:

• Octars
    replied
    So if I lived outside EUROPE I can't get second hand license?

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerry5039 View Post
    Paul don't get me wrong mate but we were told the same thing for vB4.2 that we would have access to all previous versions. Now that has been removed.
    Nothing has been removed, Im not really sure what you mean by this.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerry5039 View Post
    Paul don't get me wrong mate but we were told the same thing for vB4.2 that we would have access to all previous versions. Now that has been removed. On the paperwork I have here when I joined it states I can download any previous version free of charge why the change? If we have paid for a licence, I should not be forced to buy another, just to get what I was told I could have in the first place mate.
    Erm, no it's not - you can still download all previous versions of vB4 and vB3 with either an existing vB4 license or a new vB5 license. If you click on 'More Download Options' then you should have them all listed.

Unfortunately, your forum account hasn't been tied to a Customer Account for me to look into any bug that may be preventing you from accessing these. If you go to here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your forum account email address in one of the boxes, this will update your license status on these forums. You'll need to have your customer account email address and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Gerry5039
    replied
    Yes.

Buy a vB5 licence but download and use vB4.

The licence allow you access to all previous vB versions including vB4, vB3 & vB2.
    Paul don't get me wrong mate but we were told the same thing for vB4.2 that we would have access to all previous versions. Now that has been removed. On the paperwork I have here when I joined it states I can download any previous version free of charge why the change? If we have paid for a licence, I should not be forced to buy another, just to get what I was told I could have in the first place mate.

Leave a comment: