No announcement yet.

Any way to get vB4 Suite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note if you do buy vB5 for vB4, you are now under the new lic agreement (transfers and domain change restrictions) and new 30 day only ticket support - still better then a second hand lic but much more expensive. Currently there is no ETA on when vB5 will be released and by the looks of the demo, it may be a very long time before you can even implement the vB5 part of the new sale.

Remember it took over 2 years for vB4 to be a "good" or "working" product
    Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

Domain name changes still get done via the Member's area yourself, they have not been restricted.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
        Domain name changes still get done via the Member's area yourself, they have not been restricted.
        Has the lic agreement for vB4/5 been changed? It states you have to request, in writing, to vB to change your domain.
        Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
          Yes.

Buy a vB5 licence but download and use vB4.

The licence allow you access to all previous vB versions including vB4, vB3 & vB2.
          firt timer, so excuse, advise..
          say i bought vb5 now , i get access to vb4, vb3, can i download all three vb4, vb3, vb2 and use them in three different URLs (websites) and have three forums??

Comment

Originally posted by sgpsai View Post
            firt timer, so excuse, advise..
            say i bought vb5 now , i get access to vb4, vb3, can i download all three vb4, vb3, vb2 and use them in three different URLs (websites) and have three forums??
            No, 1 license 1 active install. Regardless of which version you're using.

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinNut View Post
              Is there any way at this point to upgrade to 4.2 Suite, or is 5 the only option now?
              You can only upgrade your licence to vB5 - however that gives you access to vb4.2 suite should you choose to use it.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment