This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    IMPEX doesn't currently support vB5 anyway. Even when it does, even if you could do it that way, it's not a downgrade, it's an import. The import difference is that using IMPEX, all your URLs are renumbered, meaning existin links in Google will cease to work.
    Some would say that's a small price to pay for a functional forum. vB5 is SEO suicide anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
      Some would say that's a small price to pay for a functional forum. vB5 is SEO suicide anyway.
      In my role as support I have dealt with a great many vB5 sites that are clearly 'functional forums'. You would be surprised.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        In my role as support I have dealt with a great many vB5 sites that are clearly 'functional forums'. You would be surprised.
        Please surprise us with a list of great many, proud, thriving vB5 forums which are functional without the missing or buggy functions.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
          Please surprise us with a list of great many, proud, thriving vB5 forums which are functional without the missing or buggy functions.
          Nice way to twist what I said. Anyhow, the question originally asked has now been answered several times, so I'll close this.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment