License transfers allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License transfers allowed?

If I buy vB and later want to transfer the ownership to someone else, is that a problem?

What if I want to buy a license from someone who has several and doesn't need one of them anymore?

Yes to both questions. You just need to contact the people at jelsoft to arrange the license transfer.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Heh...yes, it is a problem, or yes, you can do that?

I think by saying I "would just need to contact jelsoft", you meant that it can be done, I just want to make sure.

Comment

Sorry, I meant yes it can be done.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks.

I forgot to ask if there is any charge for that?

Comment

No there is no charge. Just use the support form in the members area and we'll get it done for you within a day or so.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

After transfer, you are not allowed to run your copy of vbulletin no more. (just to be sure)

Comment

Yeah, that'd be illegal.

I just wanted to make sure if I buy the software and then my intended use dissolves, I'd be able to give it to someone else or sell it to get some money back.

On that thought, do people sell vB owned licenses much? Is it worth hanging around seeing if one pops up to save some dough?

Comment

I have no idea, you are the first I see that asks it But I am pretty new to this all

-- I would never give up this great stuff !! --

Comment

Yeah, I have a feeling that's probably the case with most people.

Comment

They are sold sometimes, but not very often. I bought a third license from an existing owner a few weeks ago so they do come up for sale sometimes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X