phpbb + vBPortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb + vBPortal

1) I know this has been asked before and it always gets referred ot vbulletin.org - but - they are having server problems and I am unable to verify.

I need to convert a phpbb 1.4.4 forum to vBulletin if I buy vBulletin. Has anyone done this with success or what were the problems you did run into? I will at least need users and passwords converted (as a minimum). Like I said - I cannot verify at vbulletin.org because of server problems and there was one thread (that I was able to check last) that referred back to the member forums here (which I cannot check as I have not purchased it yet). Any help would be appreciated.

2) I heard something about a vBPortal or so? Does it exist or is it in beta? How much will it cost?

3) One additional question about licensing - I am having a couple of folks refering to the same BB via a frame under a different URL - I assume that is within the license agreement?! The BBitself will only be installed once.

Thanks!

Christoph
    Last edited by Christoph; Tue 26th Feb '02, 12:12pm.

1) There is a phpBB importer in existence. I don't know what versions it is for nor do I know if it works or not.

2) vBPortal is an unofficial addon that is similar to PHPNuke except it is fully integrated into vBulletin and uses vBulletin's database for things like the calendar etc. You can find it at http://www.phpportals.com/ . It is free and I believe the version that works with vB2.2.2 is currently in beta.

3) Yes this is within the license agreement.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X