Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much coding is needed? Is vbulletin wysiwyg ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Stallyon

• Stallyon
    replied
    If you're not completely comfortable with the installation and/or maintenance of vBulletin, they do have additional services such as professional installation (one-off charge of $149) and phone and ticket support ($199 per annum) as optional add-ons.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by bizkitgto View Post
    Is this true? I have basic skills in HTML/CSS, and I really want to use VBulletin but am a little skeptical to purchase as I am not proficient in PHP. Is there a good tutorial for beginner's looking to set up a forum website? I'd like to get started soon, just need some more information. Thanks!
    It is true that you need PHP installed on your server. You don't need to know how to program with it though.

Leave a comment:

• bizkitgto

• bizkitgto
    replied
    Is this true? I have basic skills in HTML/CSS, and I really want to use VBulletin but am a little skeptical to purchase as I am not proficient in PHP. Is there a good tutorial for beginner's looking to set up a forum website? I'd like to get started soon, just need some more information. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Aakif N.

• Aakif N.
    replied
    Originally posted by paulscott View Post
    Ok thats great

Im I understanding that I need to first emply a hosting company before I can set up the board?
    Yes, you'll need to purchase a hosting plan that meets the System Requirements of vBulletin:

vBulletin 3.6 and higher requires PHP 4.3.3 or greater and MySQL 4.0.16 or greater!
    vBulletin 4.0 and higher requires PHP 5.2.0 or greater and MySQL 4.1.0 or greater

Leave a comment:

• paulscott

• paulscott
    replied
    Ok thats great

Im I understanding that I need to first emply a hosting company before I can set up the board?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    vBulletin has a richtext or WYISIWYG editor for the content input. Running a vBulletin site does not require any coding skills. However basic CSS and HTML skills do come in handy. Over time, you may need to improve these as you improve your website.

Leave a comment:

• paulscott

• paulscott
    started a topic How much coding is needed? Is vbulletin wysiwyg ?

How much coding is needed? Is vbulletin wysiwyg ?

I am hoping v bulletin is a wysiwyg ?

Otherwise I may not be able to set up a discussion board on my own?

Thanks

BP