database question, changing to --> vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database question, changing to --> vbulletin

if my forum is of this type http://www.goheavy.com/forums/sup/ could i add vbulletin and still keep all my posts? or would i have to start fresh?

We're currently offering a set of scripts that will allow you to import posts, threads and users from the following programs: Infopop Ultimate Bulletin Board 5, Infopop Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.0 and 6.1, Infopop UBBThreads 5.4 (formely wwwthreads), vBulletin Lite, Infopop OpenTopic, Ikonboard 2, ezboard (posts only, not members for ezboard).

unfortunately there isn't an official import for your forum script you use..
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

How about ugrading from ikonboard 3?

I am currently using Ikonboard 3, and am thinking maybe I jumped onto the wrong horse when I had to make a quick decision on a message board system to use a couple of weeks ago.

I am getting nervous about people leaving Ikonboard and am thinking seriously about going with vBulletin, but the members to my current board will probably lynch me if I lose all of their messages currently on my board. Can you guys help me? I am going to a new server right now, and this would be the perfect time to make the switch.

Rich Z.

Comment

we're are working on an IB 3.x import but nothing official yet.. there might be an unofficial IB 3.x import at vbulletin.org but to access the forums you'd need to have a vB license
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Well, that certainly is an excellent example of a catch-22 situation!

Without the ikonboard 3 import I have no incentive to go to vBulletin, but I need to have a vBulletin license in order to check to see if an ikonboard 3 import program exists. So if I buy vBulletin in order to be able to access the user forum's and there is NO import program, then I am stuck with a message board program with no way to import what I need into it.

Sorry, but I've got enough problems to deal with and certainly don't need to pay for another headache. Please let me know when that import program is ready, otherwise I'll have to stick with Ikonboard.

Thanks.

Comment

Actually you shopuld be able to read the forums at vbulletin.com. However you need to be licensed to download any of the hacks or other files posted there. This should be enough to determine if there's an importer available.

By the way, I just checked and I couldn't find anything for IB 3.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

An official Ikonboard 3 importer should be out this week.
              Last edited by JamesUS; Mon 25th Feb '02, 8:05am.

Comment

Why THANK YOU!

This will work into my schedule just fine, since I am planning on setting up my new server this week as well.

Might as well have my bird killed by two stones....

Guess I'd better look at your purchase options.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X