Wordpress integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress integration?

I know that there's wordpress integration plugins for 3 that kind of work on 4, but not great. Will the upcoming version 5 make it easy to develop the bridge?

No idea, we don't build the software with third party products in mind
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

There is a plugin over at vBulletin.org that allows vBulletin and WordPress to exchange data including logins. Haven't tried it myself though.
      Aakif Nazir

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
        No idea, we don't build the software with third party products in mind
        Yes you do. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Skimlinks, VigLink...

The vBulletin CMS is woeful and in my opinion it is very shortsighted not to include Wordpress integration. It would massively increase vBulletin's reach.
        Last edited by Damsella; Fri 27 Jul '12, 4:15am.

Comment

Originally posted by Damsella View Post
          Yes you do. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Skimlinks, VigLink...

The vBulletin CMS is woeful and in my opinion it is very shortsighted not to include Wordpress integration. It would massively increase vBulletin's reach.
          I agree!! We paid $600 or something for the full vbulletin and I'm just now in the process of installing Wordpress for the CMS and Blogging instead. VBulletin may be good for forums, but the rest of the suite isn't ready for production yet!

Comment

Originally posted by justD View Post
            I agree!! We paid $600 or something for the full vbulletin and I'm just now in the process of installing Wordpress for the CMS and Blogging instead. VBulletin may be good for forums, but the rest of the suite isn't ready for production yet!
            I have to agree, VBulletin is a great forum software. I still rely on Wordpress for blogging and CMS though. I would love to see a Wordpress VBulletin integration as well
            @heydarian

Comment

This is just my .02, but if you want Wordpress, use wordpress. If you want a CMS integrated with a forum, the Suite is a pretty awesome choice. I've been using it since the first gold release (bugs and all, at the time) and while it has some idiosyncrasies and things that have to be learned, its a good system that needs a few tweaks most any administrator can do, but its served my sites very well once I've gotten the hang of it.
              Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment