ubb 5.47 importer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ubb 5.47 importer?

Is there a UBB 5.47 importer available for vBulliten? Thanks!

Yes. Many people have succesfully imported UBB 5.47 to vB.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

No problem! I upgraded to vB from UBB 5.45C myself and couldn't be happier with the swithc!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have another question. Can I setup vBulletin in another directory and run a "test upgrade" to make sure it works? My guess is the upgrade doesn't modify the UBB files, only uses the info in them. This would let me get all the styles set as each forum I now have different graphics in the headers on many of them.

Comment

That shouldn't be a problem. You're right in that the upgrade does not touch the UBB files. However you would want to shut down your UBB forums while doing the ipmort. Otherwise things could get messed up as new postes were added during the import process.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hankster I too upgraded from UBB 5.47e (hacked!) and couldn't be happier with the new vB 2.2.2 forums we are running

As far as I know only the main forum style is imported with 5.x version not individual forum styles. That was not a problem for me because creating new styles with vB is a breeze...and changes show up at once without having to update threads (say goodbye to updating threads after you switch to vB).

All our users are happy with the new vB forums and we are happy because it provides for better performance and user management than UBB 5.x, at least for now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X