X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions relating to vBulletin

* Is vBulletin written using OOP PHP?
    * Can the vBulletin software be distributed behind a load balancer
    * Can I use Amazon S3 to store user uploads / content (distributed)
    * Can I extend the login system, prevent users from logging into vBulletin directly and extend vBulletin so it can load users out of a shared php $_SESSION (session based single sign on)
    * Easily change the themes and templates to provide a custom look and feel for the site.

I've been looking at Vanilla forums but am struggling with the lack of documentation and the quirkiness of the 'Garden' framework and think we may need to use something a bit more enterprise focussed.

Thanks,
    Rob.

Originally posted by slRobertS View Post
    * Is vBulletin written using OOP PHP?
    vBulletin 3.X = No. vBulletin 4.X = Partially. vBulletin 5.X = Mostly but there is still some legacy code that hasn't been converted.

* Can the vBulletin software be distributed behind a load balancer
    Yes.

* Can I use Amazon S3 to store user uploads / content (distributed)
    You would have to develop some sort of syncing mechanism as vBulletin doesn't have explicit handling to store attachments off the server.

* Can I extend the login system, prevent users from logging into vBulletin directly and extend vBulletin so it can load users out of a shared php $_SESSION (session based single sign on)
    You have access to the code so can extend or rewrite it. Natively, we do not use the PHP session handling. Sessions are stored in the database.

* Easily change the themes and templates to provide a custom look and feel for the site.
    You can edit the look and feel through templates and style variables.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X