will it cost more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will it cost more

I am being forced to upgrade through VB's stupid system (we'll patch our holes in your copy of 3.8 but up only if you buy VB4) So If I'm forced to upgrade then I'm thinking maybe I'll wait, even if its a long one, for VB5. Best guess.. Will it cost more to upgrade from 3.8 to VB5 than it will from 4.* to VB5? Or will there just be an "upgrade price"? Thanks

No pricing has been announced.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

I appreciate that Ace, which is why I said "Best Guess"

Comment

Can't really guess - maybes aye, maybes naw...
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by jimjam View Post
          I am being forced to upgrade through VB's stupid system (we'll patch our holes in your copy of 3.8 but up only if you buy VB4) So If I'm forced to upgrade then I'm thinking maybe I'll wait, even if its a long one, for VB5. Best guess.. Will it cost more to upgrade from 3.8 to VB5 than it will from 4.* to VB5? Or will there just be an "upgrade price"? Thanks
          For the record, this isn't a new thing. We only ever provided patches in the vB3 line for the latest release. In Early vB2 vB3 you had renewals and we only released new versions, if you weren't paid up you might not easily be able to patch either. We also offered a maintenance package for 10~ months for a low cost license upgrade (60 usd to get current on your expired vb3 license) and 2 weeks ago we had a vB4 license upgrade sale (125 for the forum and 200 for the suite). We've done pretty much everything we could to make sure users were aware of the offerings. We can't force you to take advantage of sales or offerings when they're available.

Comment