PHP 4.0.4pl1 as a CGI, Safe mode and no Persistant MySQL connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 4.0.4pl1 as a CGI, Safe mode and no Persistant MySQL connections

Would vBulletin 2.2.2 work under those limmitations?

yeah np, plus IIS or Apache or.......
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

I forgot to mention Apache 1.3.19

Comment

vBulletin works with all versions of PHP > 3.0.9 and MySQL > 3.22, and any webserver that can run PHP (Apache >= v1.0, IIS4 or IIS5, etc.). Safe mode can be on or off as can persistant connections.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
          vBulletin works with all versions of PHP > 3.0.9 and MySQL > 3.22, and any webserver that can run PHP (Apache >= v1.0, IIS4 or IIS5, etc.). Safe mode can be on or off as can persistant connections.
          '

What benefits or downside has the use of persistant connections to the mysql db ? .. Currently I do not use it, because I have no idea what happens if I do use it

Comment

You likely won't notice the difference unless you have a busy forum (or an overloaded server). As I understand it persistent connections means that MySQL connections are not closed when they're finished, but instead reused for other people. This means that the overhead of opening and closing connections is significantly lowered, but there are often more connections open at a time. If you don't use it, then each time a mysql connection is finished with it is closed and a new one is opened every time one is needed rather than reusing existing ones which aren't in use.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
              '

What benefits or downside has the use of persistant connections to the mysql db ? .. Currently I do not use it, because I have no idea what happens if I do use it
              do a search http://vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?s= for persistent connections and by my username eva2000

you'll find your answer
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

say if your host is running PHP in safe-mode and you turn safe-mode on in vB....what kind of action does vB do to keep it stable in safe-mode?? (like, what kind of feathers is disable??)
                me won't have a signature for a loooooong time

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X