Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running vBulletin on local server (local intranet access only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running vBulletin on local server (local intranet access only)

I'd like to run vBulletin on a local server with no outside access. It would only be accessible to people on the local intranet. Is this possible, and are there tutorials available for the setup?

The machine is currently running Windows Server 2003 Standard (5.2, Build 3790)

Aside from the technicalities of preventing the outside world from accessing your intranet, there's no difference between a localhost installation and a web-accessible one, as long as your server meets the requirements:

Minimum Requirements: vBulletin is designed to run on every server that has PHP 5.2 or greater and MySQL 4.1.0 or greater installed.

It is recommended to use PHP 5.2.6, or later and MySQL 5.0.19 or later.

The software has been successfully installed on several different flavors of UNIX, as well as Windows™ 98/NT/2000/XP, and the Mac.

Note: We recommend you contact your hosting provider to verify that they have the correct versions of PHP and MySQL installed. If you administrate your own server, PHP and MySQL are available for free download from PHP.net and MySQL.com.

Also you will need full permissions to the database in order to install and run vBulletin.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

I currently run test installations of all vBulletin versions from 3.8.7 to 4.2.0 on my local machine using Windows 7, PHP 5.3.6 and MySQL 5.5.14 and the URL Rewrite module. I'd recommend installing PHP using the FastCGI module and not following the instructions on php.net though.

To install PHP with FASTCGI under IIS7 please follow these instructions:
      http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/u...ons-on-iis-70/
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X