Questions about the upgrade service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the upgrade service

Im looking into upgrading my forum, using the vbulletin upgrade service and I have a couple of question

There is mention a vanilla upgrade, I take it that means you end up starting over with a clean slate on the install
    My vbseo and the ton of other mods I have installed will no longer be active or will they be uninstalled and its just a case of me killing of the remains on the server

Next question, I will be upgrading from 3.8.1 with vbulletin blogs to 4 series
    My vps is presently running the following spec
    Apache v2.2.27 (cgi-fcgi)
    PHP 5.3.27
    MySQL Version 5.5.37-cll
    Will that be able to run the latest stable version of vbulletin 4.2.2

Thanks in advance for your help and time

Yes it will run 4.2.2.

You do lose all mods and styles. it's not that we disable them specifically, but the 3.x versions are simply not compatible with 4.x.

If you were buying an upgrade and staying "in branch" (eg 3.7 to 3.8) then chances are most custom stuff would still work.

The key part is that if custom does does break, we can't fix it for you.

3.x > 4.x though, will break pretty much everything custom.

You should ditch VBSEO as soon as possible anyway though, for well-documented reasons.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Im still in the planning stage at present, finding what code I need to back up for custom pages, what pages I will need to have htaccess diverts in place for etc
      The 3.x > 4.x series upgrade will give a few more features like the article system and at the same time, give me the chance to flush out the junk that has been lurking on the forums
      So not all bad.

Something I forgot to as was about the cost of having you guys do the upgrade. The $150 fee, does that include vat or is vat added on at checkout

Comment

I believe VAT is added at the end, where appropriate.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X