Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook App - Does it Support Modifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook App - Does it Support Modifications?

I have been asked by some customers to look into the Facebook app in order to integrate our own third-party vBulletin product VaultWiki into it. However, it will be useless to purchase the Facebook app for this purpose unless I understand beforehand how the Facebook App works, if such a thing is even possible. There are a number of ways an app in general can be deployed, some of which allow for modification, and others which don't.

Does the Facebook app interface with the user via Flash? If so, I imagine vB add-ons would not be able to modify the UI because the Flash module would need to be edited and recompiled (something which many add-on installers probably won't have the technical expertise to do).

Does the Facebook app interact with the vBulletin forum using familiar PHP files, or something else like Java? Again, is it pre-compiled? If it sticks with PHP, does it still use hooks and template hooks? Or if it doesn't, is there another form of event subscription that add-ons and mods can utilize in order to integrate with the App?

Please be as specific as possible and as technical as possible in your response.
    - the makers of VaultWiki

You're able to modify the source code at your own risk. Its just PHP as far as I know.

Comment

So in other words, we have to modify core files. There's no hooks or template hooks? For a premium add-on product, modifying files is not something we ever want to ask our customers to do as part of an "installation" process.
      - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment

Not as far as I know at this time. Its built to be a self contained application much like the iOS/Android Apps.

Comment

meh, i don't know.

Comment

There are no hooks by which you can modify the Facebook app.

Comment