Questions vBulletin Publishing Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions vBulletin Publishing Suite

1.Its default button "like"in the forums?or should install it.
    2.It is thus Runner Forum?is that really?brings new features and systems?
    3.How flexible is vBulletin Publishing Suite,I can create with it? I can do with vBulletin Publishing Suite a site with virtual stores,virtual money,custom avatars,etc.?
    4.I need sites based on vBulletin Publishing Suite,with good design and good use of your CMS.
    5.There is a limit on number of characters in a message,message number, number of subjects,number of members, number of forums?or is it unlimited everything?
    6.They have a very comprehensive hand book on how to use the vBulletin CMS and Blog?
    7.From 1 to 10 as you rate vBulletin version 4.x?

Thank You
    Last edited by Hardes, Inc.; Sat 12th May '12, 7:56am.

Originally posted by Hardes, Inc. View Post
    1.Its default button "like"in the forums?or should install it.
    2.It is thus Runner Forum?is that really?brings new features and systems?
    3.How flexible is vBulletin Publishing Suite,I can create with it? I can do with vBulletin Publishing Suite a site with virtual stores,virtual money,custom avatars,etc.?
    4.I need sites based on vBulletin Publishing Suite,with good design and good use of your CMS.
    5.There is a limit on number of characters in a message,message number, number of subjects,number of members, number of forums?or is it unlimited everything?
    6.They have a very comprehensive hand book on how to use the vBulletin CMS and Blog?
    7.From 1 to 10 as you rate vBulletin version 4.x?

Thank You
    1. There are Facebook options you can enable, the Like feature being one of them. You can also download modifications from www.vbulletin.org to run a "Like" system on your forum.
    2. Forum Runner allows access to your site using mobile devices, you can read more about it here: http://www.forumrunner.net/ and on top of that, vBulletin's parent company Internet Brands recently acquired Forum Runner so it will only be improved for use with vBulletin! https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...s-Forum-Runner
    3. You can create Categories, Sections, Articles and even create custom grids/layouts and widgets to populate the page. The virtual store is not a default feature of any sort however there are a few third-party add-ons for such and also free modifications on www.vbulletin.org you can utilize as well.
    4. That will depend on you you go about making said sites, how you style them, and how you manage the community i.e. interacting on a daily basis.
    5. There are set limits by default however your free to change those settings to suit your needs.
    6. There is the vBulletin Manual https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/ and then also the CMS here has tons of sections with helpful articles and videos showing you how to work with your new software and if you having trouble finding something... the Suite version does include support therefor you can always ask for assistance .
    7. Considering it has come quite a long way recently, I can honestly say I love the product therefor I give it a 9 and only because I know a little about what's in store for 4.2, then I can give it a 10!

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
      Internet Brands recently acquired Forum Runner so it will only be improved for use with vBulletin!
      Wow, they're going to need to remove all those other badges at some point then. Bit of a shame for people running all those other Forum types.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        Wow, they're going to need to remove all those other badges at some point then. Bit of a shame for people running all those other Forum types.
        Well at this point I'm not assuming they will remove any form of support for anything else, would be detrimental to one product to try and benefit another therefor I'm sticking with benefit of the doubt regardless .

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Well at this point I'm not assuming they will remove any form of support for anything else, would be detrimental to one product to try and benefit another therefor I'm sticking with benefit of the doubt regardless .
          Ahh. Might be a good idea to not state that it will only be improved for use with vBulletin then.

(I spent a while trying to find that mentioned in any announcement anywhere and failed.)
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            Ahh. Might be a good idea to not state that it will only be improved for use with vBulletin then.

(I spent a while trying to find that mentioned in any announcement anywhere and failed.)
            Well that's my opinion you see, makes sense they will improve it all around as well but again imo .

Comment

1. There are Facebook options you can enable, the Like feature being one of them. You can also download modifications from www.vbulletin.org to run a "Like" system on your forum.
              2. Forum Runner allows access to your site using mobile devices, you can read more about it here: http://www.forumrunner.net/ and on top of that, vBulletin's parent company Internet Brands recently acquired Forum Runner so it will only be improved for use with vBulletin! https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...s-Forum-Runner
              3. You can create Categories, Sections, Articles and even create custom grids/layouts and widgets to populate the page. The virtual store is not a default feature of any sort however there are a few third-party add-ons for such and also free modifications on www.vbulletin.org you can utilize as well.
              4. That will depend on you you go about making said sites, how you style them, and how you manage the community i.e. interacting on a daily basis.
              5. There are set limits by default however your free to change those settings to suit your needs.
              6. There is the vBulletin Manual https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/ and then also the CMS here has tons of sections with helpful articles and videos showing you how to work with your new software and if you having trouble finding something... the Suite version does include support therefor you can always ask for assistance .
              7. Considering it has come quite a long way recently, I can honestly say I love the product therefor I give it a 9 and only because I know a little about what's in store for 4.2, then I can give it a 10!
              Thank you very much, I much Serbian help. But I forgot to ask, if buy the Suite is that a single purchase or should I pay an annual fee to continue using the suite?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardes, Inc. View Post
                Thank you very much, I much Serbian help. But I forgot to ask, if buy the Suite is that a single purchase or should I pay an annual fee to continue using the suite?

It's a one time license fee for v4 and below only.
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X