I NEED HELP! PLEASE! Transfer from PHPBB to VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED HELP! PLEASE! Transfer from PHPBB to VB

Hello everyone! I hope I can get a moderators attention with my title.. I really want to transfer my forum from phpbb to VB as the title states. The problem is, I don't want to lose anything in the process. I talked to phone support at VB and she told me that VB supports the transfer from PHPBB version 3.0.03 to VB but I have a newer version PHPBB 3.0.10. I actually just started the forum less than a month ago but already have over 100 active users and rising. Can anyone tell me if I will lose anything during the transfer? Any help would be great! I really want to move, I just can't afford to mess anything up right now! Thanks!

My forums url is www.tiptrainer.com if it helps

Comment

Originally posted by jon3138 View Post
      Hello everyone! I hope I can get a moderators attention with my title.. I really want to transfer my forum from phpbb to VB as the title states. The problem is, I don't want to lose anything in the process. I talked to phone support at VB and she told me that VB supports the transfer from PHPBB version 3.0.03 to VB but I have a newer version PHPBB 3.0.10. I actually just started the forum less than a month ago but already have over 100 active users and rising. Can anyone tell me if I will lose anything during the transfer? Any help would be great! I really want to move, I just can't afford to mess anything up right now! Thanks!
      The conversion will not touch the source forum, i.e. your phpbb forum so you do not need to worry about loosing anything.

That said, it is always best to make a backup of the database before you do any changes to your forum.

Comment

So you think that it'll work though? Can anyone tell me some advantages of VB vs PHPBB..? One of the big problems Im having with PHPBB is it is really difficult to mod. How easy is it to install a mod on VB?

Comment

Yes, if you follow the instructions that come up with the Impex then there is no reason as to why the conversion should not work.

Installing mods with vb is pretty easy. In most cases all you need to do is install a .xml file only. In some other cases, with bigger mods, you will have to upload some files too. But as I said installing mods is very uncomplicated with vb.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. If I purchase VB, I will want the publishing suite. I want to make the best posts on my site featured stories. Is that possible? How difficult would that be to do?

Comment

I NEED HELP! PLEASE! Transfer from PHPBB to VB

Yes below a post is option "Promote as Article"
              ------------------------------------------
              Steve
              DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
              CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
              TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
              Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                Yes below a post is option "Promote as Article"
                Awesome, thanks for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X