Interested Purchaser, But I have a Few Miscellaneous Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested Purchaser, But I have a Few Miscellaneous Questions

I am considering purchasing vBulletin 5.0 with the mobile bundle and have a few questions. They are:
    1. Is the license a one-time fee? (I assume it is.)
    2. I see something about a facebook app. Is this included in the mobile package? I don't see it listed.
    3. I desire to have on the homepage of my wordpress website the four or five most popular threads on the forums display in a widget. Is this possible?

Essentially, I'm looking for a product that will not only host forums, but be compatible with my responsive website. I need it to be easy to use on mobile devices and with my social media. I intend to build an app and need the ability for the forums to be a menu on the app.

Thanks in advance.

1) Yes, you will not get changed again unless you decide to upgrade to VB 6.x or beyond in the future, assuming we ever make a 6.x. All 5.x upgrades will be free.

2) This likely refers to a facebook app you setup on Facebook for your forum (Facebook gives you an application ID and secret key) and this is used for using Facebook features like the Like button.

3) Probably possible but would require custom coding on your part to make it (or buy it from someone who has it already) - we do not provide support for integrating with a 3rd party product like Wordpress.

VB4 and VB5 have an API available to used in mobile apps but neither is documented and official support is not provided for custom coding so you are essentially on your own if building such apps. The Mobile Suite apps are stand alone and will not integrate into a larger or existing app.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X