Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook integration?

Hi all,

I would like VB software but want to get it linked with facebook. Like i see with sitepoint marketplace they can integrate and post adverts, with there facebook login.

Is there way so user does not have to register and can use there facebook account to login and post?

vb version 4 has Facebook connect built in so if enable that then user can login/post with Facebook
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Thanks for response, any sites or demos i may be able to have a look to see what this is?

Comment

sure this one your on now and all my sites

digital-mayhem.com/forums/
        console-network.net
        TheFaFClan.com
        AudiSpirit.com
        Steve

Comment

Thanks for reply.https://sitepointmarket.com/users/login - This is a exmaple i seen where users can just login with there facebook account and post without like registering. Is this something which happens with vb or can be done instead of just registering altogether?

Comment

If you set the vB Facebook option to auto register, it almost does that - it creates an account on the fly using the user's Facebook name.

In forums many people don't like this though, they prefer to be able to choose a username, as they may not want their real name used as their forum name.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Do you know any sites with this example, just be curious to see how it looks in VB. Can you get the option for both, say to use facebook or to register with a username possibly that way it be a lot easier.

I just think it is important to use many tools as possible to get users, especially as forums are finding it so difficult now due to social network.

Comment

My sites I use Facebook connect but I don't use the one-step registration so user still has to choose their own username and go through the normal registration process they just then link their Facebook account tot their forum account...
                Steve

Comment