Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fee for Just the Forum?

Hey,

I am slightly confused on the pricing as seen on the order page here: https://www.vbulletin.com/order/

If I select just the 4.x Forum License, will I need to pay this ($195 USD it seems as its listed) on an annual basis or is this is a one time fee?

one-time fee............. but forum license only comes with 30 days of support after that will need to renew support............. So after renew support like 3 times you will have spend more then the Publishing Suite license (which includes lifetime support) so better to just go ahead and get the Publishing Suite
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

It says Free forum support for the list under vBulletin forum license. So your saying that the publishing suite only option (the one that costs $285) is the better choice as it includes indefinite support as the option I had chosen only has 30 days of support?

Just trying to ensure I'm on the same page as what your proposing.

Comment

The Forum Classic license gives you 30 days of ticket support while the Publishing Suite gives you ticket support for the life of the product. With either option you are entitled to free forum support, however.
        - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

Originally posted by Maurd View Post
          The Forum Classic license gives you 30 days of ticket support while the Publishing Suite gives you ticket support for the life of the product. With either option you are entitled to free forum support, however.
          What exactly is the difference between ticket support and forum support?

Comment

Ticket support allows you to submit tickets in the Members Area which get assigned to a support person. Support requests are typically resolved faster. Forum support can be considered more of a best-effort type of thing.

If you are running your website as a hobby where it's not really mission-critical, you probably won't need ticket support and forum support will most likely be more than adequate, however if you are running it as a business where it's mission-critical and every second matters, ticket support would be preferred.

Comment

Ticket support allows you to submit tickets in the Members Area which get assigned to a support person. Support requests are typically resolved faster. Forum support can be considered more of a best-effort type of thing.

If you are running your website as a hobby where it's not really mission-critical, you probably won't need ticket support and forum support will most likely be more than adequate, however if you are running it as a business where it's mission-critical and every second matters, ticket support would be preferred.
              Ah, thanks for the breakdown.

Both of these supports include stupid things such as how do I change this tables background color type of questions right? Small tidbit type questions are more or less going to be what I'm after.

Comment

Fee for Just the Forum?

Ticket = actual vBulletin staff

Forum = other licensed members and vb staff also chime in
                ------------------------------------------
                Steve
                DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by Chopes View Post
                  Ah, thanks for the breakdown.

Both of these supports include stupid things such as how do I change this tables background color type of questions right? Small tidbit type questions are more or less going to be what I'm after.
                  No.

Support on vBulletin.com whether it be ticket or forum support, is mainly for questions and issues with the core software itself. While you might get some assistance with customizing your site, 99% of the time you will be told to go ask your question at vBulletin.org, the modification site (http://www.vbulletin.org/) which is pure peer-to-peer support.

Basically:
                  "How do I do this" or "This isn't working right", etc is vBulletin.com (Forum & Ticket Support)
                  "How can I customize this" is vBulletin.org (Peer-to-peer support)

Little tidbits like that, you probably won't need or want ticket support.

Comment

No.

Support on vBulletin.com whether it be ticket or forum support, is mainly for questions and issues with the core software itself. While you might get some assistance with customizing your site, 99% of the time you will be told to go ask your question at vBulletin.org, the modification site (http://www.vbulletin.org/) which is pure peer-to-peer support.

Basically:
                    "How do I do this" or "This isn't working right", etc is vBulletin.com (Forum & Ticket Support)
                    "How can I customize this" is vBulletin.org (Peer-to-peer support)

Little tidbits like that, you probably won't need or want ticket support.
                    Ok, so something occuring that causes errors on the backend of my site would be more questions reserved for the ticket system or the forums that are discussed here. Ok then, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                      one-time fee............. but forum license only comes with 30 days of support after that will need to renew support............. So after renew support like 3 times you will have spend more then the Publishing Suite license (which includes lifetime support) so better to just go ahead and get the Publishing Suite
                      If you purchase ticket support more than 1 time (12 months) you've already paid more for the forum only, than the suite. With the suite if you don't want the extra features, they turn off instantly with 2 clicks.

If your vBulletin software is broken for any reason, we'll do our best to provide support to you, though what means we have available. Some things are not easily possible via the forums, and there is a specific lack of privacy in some cases via the forms.

Tickets get priority attention.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X