Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a couple of questions...

Hello,

I was just curious if security updates are always free even if I don't upgrade right away? I really don't want to pay every time just to keep my forum secure.

And I was also wondering what happens if I buy vbulletin then nearly immediately a new upgrade comes out?

Thanks

Originally posted by rob83 View Post
    Hello,

I was just curious if security updates are always free even if I don't upgrade right away? I really don't want to pay every time just to keep my forum secure.

And I was also wondering what happens if I buy vbulletin then nearly immediately a new upgrade comes out?

Thanks
    Under the current system, you buy vBulletin once. You will receive upgrades and fixes for the life of vBulletin 4. The only time you need to pay more is if you elect to purchase other products that vBulletin offers and if you would like to upgrade to the next version of vBulletin when it's released. (vBulletin 5, we're assuming, which is a long ways off.)

Example: You pay $195 for the vBulletin Forums only package. For every upgrade and fix to the v4 series, you can download from your member's area always. There is no additional cost there.

We are currently on vb4.1.11 and vb4.1.12 is due sometime soon. You would always have access to those upgrades/fixes in the vb4.x series.
    To be updated...

Comment

Cool, thanks man.

Comment

Another thing, if I buy the 4.0 publishing suite, can I make it so only paid subscribers can use the personal blogging function?

Comment

Originally posted by rob83 View Post
          Another thing, if I buy the 4.0 publishing suite, can I make it so only paid subscribers can use the personal blogging function?
          Yes. You can create a special blogger usergroup for paid subscriptions. Set everyone else's permissions accordingly.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X