No announcement yet.

Importing from ikonboard 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what happens if there's two members with the same registered name in the databases? Can I choose which one takes precedence?

Comment

Another question about the converter...

Will I be able to convert an Ikonboard that is not on the same server?

Comment

As to usernames, I believe it will give you a choice; if they are the same person, you can associate their usernames and esentially merge them into one account.

The iB files must be on the same server.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
          we just expended the time to create the 2.19 importer
          A solid v2.19 importer will be a deal maker for me. Does this come with the package if I were to buy today?
          Last edited by vicos; Mon 18 Mar '02, 10:21am.

Comment

There is a 2.18 importer which should work on 2.19 as there weren't many major changes between the two versions.

Comment

OK, but I'm still not clear if there is a supported Ikonboard 2.x converter that comes with the software when I buy it.

I know there is a contributed convertor on vbulletin.org, but that is not the same as something that is provided by the vendor and guaranteed to work.

Appreciate if someone from the vendor's shop could confirm this.

Thank you!

Comment

Yes, once you purchase vB, you get access to the Members area, where you can download all of the available import scripts.

And according to John's post ( http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=39488 ), the converter was tested on both 2.1.8 and 2.1.9.

Comment

OK, so I made my purchase of vBulletin. I'm now currently using it with one of my domains to try it on for size. It seems pretty qucik and much snappier than Ikonboard, but so far I haven't made much headway into the guts of the program to see how I can fit banner ads around it. I guess I just need to spend more time with it. But in it's simplest form, I need to just put the vBulletin board system in a cell of a table. Any hints where I should start looking for the code module to work with?

So what is the status on the Ikonboard 3.0.1 converter? I don't expect it will be a 100% convert, so will there be a list of 'gotchas' provided? I don't want to lose any subscribers by converting that may be unhappy with an incomplete convert.

Thanks.

Comment

Could anyone please tell us when the iB3 convertor will be ready? Which things will be un-convertable? What about the passwords?

Comment

Looks like the conversion program was tougher than they had thought. Otherwise why so mum about it? Is everyone whom signed up for testing under a nondisclosure agreement? Otherwise why aren't they posting feedback?

Come on guys! Tell us what's happening? Are you afraid of losing the business of those people withholding making a purchase pending on the results of the conversion? Keeping us all in the dark will have the same result, you know. I bought my copy, but am using it with another domain I have. If you can come up with a 100 percent port over, I will likely convert my Ikonboard system over, but otherwise I can't risk losing viewers nor my sanity if the conversion screws things up.
                      Last edited by Rich_Z; Mon 25 Mar '02, 6:38am.

Comment

You can expect it to be released in the next couple of days.

Comment

importing from other bulletin software

I have tons of threads and posts from a bulletin other than vbulletin that i want to keep as archived posts in vbulletin.
                          it is called hypernews, found at hypernews.org.
                          my company purchased a website with tons of content posted in hypernews forums, I WANT TO IMPORT THESE OLD POSTS INTO THE VBULLETIN MYSQL DATABASE. is there a way to do this with a current script, or is there a script that i can modify? say a generic script that i could use for mysql importing.
                          thank you for any help you could give.

Comment

Just wondering if its safe me to switch over to vB, and port accross all the data from my large ikonboard?

Regards,
                            Petar

Comment

There are some issues with converting from DBM over to MySql with Ikonboard.. in some cases it does require addtional perl modules which in some cases, are not installed by default. Does this converter support ikonboard 3.11 mysql conversion, and if yes, is there any light for a dbm converter to released for it soon? I've managed to successfully convert our UBB5 forum over, and now just looking to merge the current ikonboard 3.11 into the new VB database.

Many Thanks,
                              bugs

EDIT: this is for vb2.2.9, too

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X