Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to upgrade from vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Alpha 1 (Deutsch) to the up-to-date vBulletin5 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to upgrade from vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Alpha 1 (Deutsch) to the up-to-date vBulletin5 version

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

I was picked to perform an upgrade of a German forum which uses vBulletin 4.2.1, and we decided to upgrade to vBulletin 5, so we can maybe move the entire forum to the cloud - or at least to have an up-to-date version.

I came here to ask what's the best method to upgrade? Should we first perform subsequent upgrades from 4.2.1 to the latest up-to-date 4.x- version (e.g. from 4.2 to 4.3, then to 4.4, and so on) and then upgrade to vBulletin 5, or can we simply just upgrade directly to the latest vBulletin 5 version?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, there are no 4.3 0r 4.4 and not much difference between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 which is the latest version in the 4X series, yes you can just upgrade to VB 5 if you have a license.

Comment

Make sure you make a full backup of your site prior to the upgrade.

You can then upgrade directly to the latest VB 5.x version which is 5.1.1 as of this writing.

When you download VB 5.x be sure to choose "More Download Options" to get the German language version.

Comment

• MartinRJ
        MartinRJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both!