Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alemcherry
    replied
    You will obviously loose all the backlinks to your pages, except for home page - most probably. So obviously your ranks will drop a lot, especially if you are having lot of backlinks to your internal pages.

You need to 301 redirect all important pages to corresponding new forum pages.

In any case, you are unlikely to be sand boxed - if there is any such thing existing - unless you change the niche and come up with a different kind of site.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    To keep your old links working in Google you will need some custom htaccess or php solutions to route old URLs to new URLs with a 301 redirect.

As for how Google will 'react' I can't answer that question, Google does what it wants.

Leave a comment:

• BigY
    started a topic One question (important) before i buy the forum

One question (important) before i buy the forum

I am in the middle of buying the software finally..but before i pushed the purchase i remember something all of a sudden.

I have SEO links and i have a good position in Google. What if i purchase this software, install it and all the SEO links are gone. How will Google react? Will i loose my position in Google (perhaps sandboxed) or do i have to work with .htaccess and 301 "tools"?

hope someone can help me with this.

regards
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X