A Licensing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Licensing Question

I understand that I can buy 1 license, and run as much of a hierarchy as I like. But I am not sure that I can do that, as I need separately branded sites.

I have about 40 websites, many of which need forums.

If i have to buy a VB license for each of them, that is going to break the bank.

But I don't think I can use a hierarchy, as that will show the whole thing as sub-sites, and I need each of them to show separately.

Can I buy one license and copy it to many other sites, or do I need one license for each site ??

Or is there another way around this ?

$200 won't kill me

$20,000 is definitely a show stopper

I do think VB is the best way to go, but I don't understand how to support an unlimited number of forums without running a hierarchy that everyone can see.

??

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Peter Logan

One url = one forum and one hidden htaccessed test install
    If you want to run 40 forums on 40 different url's you need to buy 40 licenses.
    And if you can't afford it you have to go with a free solution like smf.

Comment

this might save you some cash if you decide to run things this way:

many (including us) have a network of websites.

we then consolidate all of our site's forums into one.

from there we have sections dedicated to one website and sections dedicated to another.

for example we have a network of science and weather related sites:
      all of our sites are separate blogs and they are part of our network and we all use the same forum. each blogger or website gets their own section of the forum including their own moderators,etc. This has worked quite well.

It has also worked in a really good way by boosting traffic to the other blogs and it's genuinely a pure community.

however this depends on how separated the user requires their network to be.

I hope the information i've presented was helpful. ;-)

Comment

Peter, do you have enough experience with vbulletin software?
        vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
        Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X