Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different users on vBulleting

Hello.

I will open a forum in some days, but I will get some money to buy my license just in the next month, a friend of mine already bought a vB for him and he is not using it at moment, so he just offered it to me until I buy my license.

I would like to know if there is some problem to install a vB forum using an account from another person and after that I buy my account if I will be able to use it to install/update my current forum that I installed using another account.

Just to inform you, I NEVER used vBulleting in this part of installation and administration, so I don't really know when it will request my user(that I bought), it's just a question, because this way I will be able to start my forum with the vB and wouldn't have to install another forum then after some weeks the vB.

Thank you.

You may not use your friend's license to install your own board.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

What would be the problems in the future? I mean, to change the user or to update the forums?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
        You may not use your friend's license to install your own board.

why wouldn't he? as long as friend isn't using it at all and only 1 active installation.....
        ------------------------------------------
        Steve
        DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by maozaorox View Post
          What would be the problems in the future? I mean, to change the user or to update the forums?

Thank you.

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
          why wouldn't he? as long as friend isn't using it at all and only 1 active installation.....

2. Restrictions

You may not give copies to another person, or duplicate the Software by any
          other means, including electronic transmission. You may make one copy of the
          Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the
          backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on
          the original. You may not rent, sublicense, assign, lease, loan, resell for
          profit, distribute, publish or network the Software or related materials or
          create derivative works based upon the Software or any part thereof.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X