Buying into the Silver package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying into the Silver package

I'm thinking of buying into the hosting package offered here using vcloud. We are a medium size forum of about 14,000 members, operating now on Vbulletin 5.0.5 and have been operating since 2009. We only have about 200 members participating per day. I'm almost 70 with not much Vbulletin experience, and only one of our admins has a little experience with the software. She upgrades the patches but for anything more complicated, we pay for a professional to do it. Our (simple living) forum is free to use, registration is required and we operate via donations from our members and one advertiser. It is our choice to keep advertising to an absolute minimum. Currently we pay for hosting on Hostgator at around $60 US a month. We also pay for some upgrades.

My questions are:

Am I right in assuming we stop Hostgator if we move to vcloud?
    What is involved in moving and will we lose any data?
    How long does the transfer take?
    Would the Silver package be suitable for us?

Thanks for your help with this.

Originally posted by rhondajean View Post
    Am I right in assuming we stop Hostgator if we move to vcloud?
    What is involved in moving and will we lose any data?
    How long does the transfer take?
    #1 Yes.
    #2 There is no moving. You cannot use your current forum's database with the new system.
    #3 There is no transfer, only a brand new forum.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

That's a shame. We can't lose what we've built up. Many thanks for your help, beishe8.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words, Rhondajean.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Beishe8's information is incorrect...

It is best that you open a sales ticket by going to [email protected]. We're currently working on the infrastructure to allow people to import their existing databases. We're looking for customers to work with us in this with actual databases. We have backup and export functionality already built into vBulletin Cloud. To determine if the Silver Package is best for you, we need to know what your current traffic is like. All Cloud accounts are stored on expandable virtual machines and all come with 100 GB of storage. The difference between the packages is the monthly bandwidth allotment.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I think I'll wait and see what it looks like when it's been running for a while.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X