CMS Only Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS Only Site?

Can the CMS be used as a stand-alone feature?

I have never seen anyone do that. All the thread comments are stored in a forum, so you do need to have at least one forum in order for the cms to work.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9566

Comment

Thank you both - very helpful.

Comment

If all you want a CMS there are, quite honestly, far more powerful, open, extensible choices.

People buy a vBulletin CMS because it's part of the vBulletin forum, not the other way 'round.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
            If all you want a CMS there are, quite honestly, far more powerful, open, extensible choices.

People buy a vBulletin CMS because it's part of the vBulletin forum, not the other way 'round.
            Sure, I understand your point entirely. My question was more, "can it be done", rather than only ever using vB for the CMS. I was wondering if it was possible to run the CMS on its own for a while and add the other modules when ready.

If I wanted a CMS-only option, I would probably go for Joomla, unless anyone can recommend anything better.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by plutonash View Post
              I was wondering if it was possible to run the CMS on its own for a while and add the other modules when ready.
              The CMS is a "plugin" just as the blog.
              The forum acting as the base so you can plug them in.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by plutonash View Post
                Sure, I understand your point entirely. My question was more, "can it be done", rather than only ever using vB for the CMS. I was wondering if it was possible to run the CMS on its own for a while and add the other modules when ready.

If I wanted a CMS-only option, I would probably go for Joomla, unless anyone can recommend anything better.

Thanks for your help.
                Concrete5 would be worth a look.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X