Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Cloud to vB License

Hi,
    my PreSales Questin is how easy is it to 'convert' from a vB Cloud to my own (at example) 5Connect License ?

As explanation:
    i have my own cloud/rootserver with teamspeak gameservers mailservers etc
    now i wanna try to step the forum up from SMF to vB
    BUT i read that certain PHP Mods are not compatible with vB Cloud so my plan is like after a year switch the vB Cloud Forum back to my servers and by my own license.

So question again is how much work will that be and what kind of problems can it cause?
    (because im not such a great it specalist and web devellopers a very expensive in these days (specialy for students like me))

with best +DS_DV+

PS: sorry for my bad english

It's hard to anticipate what problems someone might run into a year down the line. The intent is you will be able to get a backup of your VB5 Cloud database as an SQL file (possibly compressed.)

Your task would be to import the data from that SQL file into an existing database on your server. You may be able to ask your host to do this for you, or use a tool my bigdump (which is free) to import the data,

It should not be terribly difficult but depending on the restrictions you have on your future server you may need to run some kind of "find and replace" on the SQL file before importing to set a database name compatible with your setup.

After that all you would be doing is copying the VB5 files to your server and setting up the core config.php file to point to your database- you won't be running the install.php script at all.

Comment

Downloads of database backups are already possible with the cloud system. To request access send an email to [email protected]. Hopefully this becomes more automated over time. We're working making the file attachments available as well.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

So i can say that after vB5 is finished vB suports the switch to vB 5 License with own server ?

And in case i buy vB CLoud i also would pay one to 'convert my forum 'Style' to vB -
        Questin is: is it possible to use that Template/Style/Skin whateven on the cloud ?
        ( would look like that: http://allaround.cc)

And i read that some functions are disabled. Witch one are disabled?

with best +DS_DV+
        Last edited by +DS_DV+; Wed 5 Feb '14, 5:42pm.

Comment

Your custom style will NOT work on a vBCloud forum- you will not have access to import styles or edit templates.

Your other questions and more are answered in this topic, please read it while you consider vBCloud - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...mmon-questions

Comment

So if you cant use own Style/Template will that be added? (because its a major funktion for being a unique)

and if i read the topic correctly the blog function is also not available?

with best +DS_DV+

Comment

Blog is available. If you found something confusing about blogs please let me know where so I can fix it.

We do not know when/if custom styles will come to vBCloud, That said even with what is available you can do significant customization such as Wayne has done on his site- Rabid Badger.

Comment

Nah i think i must buy Full License cause i wanna 'convert' these http://allaround.cc/

so if i set up a vB5 Forum on my Hosters Cloud/Root server and buy your upgrade support
                do you make the forum upgrades AND fix upcomming issus ?

with best +DS_DV+

Comment

Thats what i wanna know, but nobody awnserd :/

Comment

Hello,

If you purchase the license, and professional install/upgrade package we will install or upgrade you to whatever version of the software you want and have access to. This is a one time upgrade or install. In the future if another version comes out and you want to upgrade you will need to do it yourself or purchase a separate professional upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
                      Hello,

If you purchase the license, and professional install/upgrade package we will install or upgrade you to whatever version of the software you want and have access to. This is a one time upgrade or install. In the future if another version comes out and you want to upgrade you will need to do it yourself or purchase a separate professional upgrade.
                      so i pay you ~150 bucks for istalling /installing upgrades to forum software ?
                      So offence but if and admin ist not able to make that he sould not host a forum -.-'

Why i should pay so much money if you dont give find&fix bugsupport for bugs upcomming with patches / upgrades ?

Comment

It is of course your choice- I would suggest you put in a little time to learn and get comfortable with the upgrade process yourself. The instructions are in the online manual- https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

Be sure you choose the version you are upgrading to from the drop down menu on the top left.

No one has to use professional upgrades but it is there for those who prefer it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X