Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mupetz
    commented on 's reply
    TLMD, you really, really need a hobby. I suggest fishing. A girlfriend/boyfriend would also be advised.

Don't judge the off topic, just trying to help back a fellow member. He/She is committing so much..

• TLMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Ross K View Post
    I'm not sure whether you've missed the point of the OP's question. Some of the biggest names in the industry pay for security issues when discovered (Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Motorola, Nokia, Twitter, Facebook, etc). They are usually called Security Bounty Programs, i.e. to encourage people to report security vulnerabilities directly to the company so they can be fixed
    Actually I didn't understand the OP that way. I thought he was asking for something like a compensation for issues that are (or were) in vB.

You don't get paid, if you enter bugs/issues in JIRA. You are encouraged to do so, but after all it is a voluntary thing.

Leave a comment:

• datacrux
    replied
    i`m waiting the official answer too..

Leave a comment:

• Ross K
    replied
    Originally posted by TLMD View Post
    Why should someone pay for (so far) undetected issues? Software can always have security issues. And when they are found, they get fixed.
    I'm not sure whether you've missed the point of the OP's question. Some of the biggest names in the industry pay for security issues when discovered (Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Motorola, Nokia, Twitter, Facebook, etc). They are usually called Security Bounty Programs, i.e. to encourage people to report security vulnerabilities directly to the company so they can be fixed rather than exploited. A list of most of the companies that operate a Bounty Program is here: https://bugcrowd.com/list-of-bug-bounty-programs/

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Sorry, I just wanted to help you. But I am sure you will get an official answer by the staff soon.

Leave a comment:

• woot123
    replied
    it's not question to You, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Is this a serious question? If yes: Why should someone pay for (so far) undetected issues? Software can always have security issues. And when they are found, they get fixed. That is the way it works, unless – maybe (depending on the law that applies) – you can prove the security issues were left in the software intentionally.

Leave a comment:

• woot123
    started a topic Security issues

Security issues

You guys pay something for security issuess in latest version?