Integration with cms provider and remote Web host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integration with cms provider and remote Web host

I am creating a new magazine on the web via wordpress or joomla and a remote host. I am not going to have my own server. I want to make one tab of my magazine/website a forum. Can I use vbulletin to do this?

thanks

It depends on what you want to archive: Of course you can always set up a vB forum and link to it in your main navigation menu on your website.

It will be more difficult, if you are looking for a WP-vB bridge so that users can use one login for both your WP site and the vB forum. This would require a plugin/addon. You can search for plugins/addons at www.vbulletin.org (I don't know of a WP-vB5 bridge though). If there is no plugin/addon available, this would require custom work by a 3rd party.

Comment

Thanks. I want the forum to be accessed as a tab on the magazine website. People can read the posts but would need to log in to the forum to post.

Comment

You can always install vBulletin in its own directory in your website like /forum/ and then link to that- that is fairly easy,

What is difficult- but not impossible - would be integrating vBulletin into your existing site- so say someone wants to comment on an article they do so inside the article directly and not in vBulletin itself- that is what would require custom coding which we do not provide support for.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X