Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for sample vBulletin 4.0 forum websites

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for sample vBulletin 4.0 forum websites

    I am looking around for online discussion forum software and I am interested in vBulletin 4.0 as one possible option.

    If possible, I would like view various online forums on any topics that are already using vBulletin 4.0.

    Therefore, I am requesting that anyone who knows of any online forums (on any topic) that are now using vBulletin 4.0 to please post links to those forums. I want to be able to go to as many of them as possible and just see how they look, how they are set up, how they function, etc.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    May I suggest you put this into google: "Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.8"

    You will get all the vBulletin 4 sites you can handle.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
      May I suggest you put this into google: "Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.8"

      You will get all the vBulletin 4 sites you can handle.

      "About 4,050,000 results (0.04 seconds)"


      vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

      Comment


      • #4
        Have a look at our site
        environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

        AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
        Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

        Comment


        • #5
          welcome to my site: http://www.vinatrading.com
          VinaTrading Inc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Click the link in my sig!
            JerzeeDevil

            Comment


            • #8
              Thanks. I just tried that and it did produce a lot of sites that I could check out. I had tried doing a Google search before but ended up with too much scattered information because I didn't have the right search term. The one you suggested narrowed it down and worked well.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by NJ - VB View Post
                Thanks. I just tried that and it did produce a lot of sites that I could check out. I had tried doing a Google search before but ended up with too much scattered information because I didn't have the right search term. The one you suggested narrowed it down and worked well.
                Sorry, I must not have posted my reply correctly. I was trying to show it as a reply to the first post about doing a Google search for "Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.8".

                Comment


                • #10
                  Hmm looks like maxconsole is no longer using the vbulletin CMS. That's new.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Looking for sample vBulletin 4.0 forum websites

                    Thanks to all for your suggestions. I did try them all, although one link didn't work and some of the others were in a foreign language other than English that I do not know.

                    I am not sure how to post a reply in "threaded" format so it would be clear whose message I was responding to. My replies seem to just be posting in a linear forum format with no threading. I assume I am just not doing something correctly.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Threading is not enabled on this site. I believe only a small group uses this feature, most have moved away from it.
                      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        I do not think this is a fair representation, as its not possible to make your site look and work like any of these examples without severe modification. If you buy vbulletin then you will not be getting anything like the above.
                        I buy 420 forums

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
                          I do not think this is a fair representation, as its not possible to make your site look and work like any of these examples without severe modification. If you buy vbulletin then you will not be getting anything like the above.
                          While that is true those links show what is possible. If he wants to see what VB looks like out of the box, this forum (vbulletin.com) is the perfect example itself.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Where can I find a legal vb but cheap?

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X