X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveLV702
    replied
    Originally posted by Rallerbabz View Post
    Can you tell me the name in Market, I'd like to check the free version out - just for fun :-)
    links provided in my forum signature.

So you dont need to programming anything, just send it into Market/App Store or what?
    No no programming required you use vbulletins mobile publisher so upload images for the logo/icon, etc and choose your text, background colors choose if you want ads or not if want ads enter your adwhirl api key, choose if want google analytics and if so enter your key for that... Then you will get Android files which you upload very easily (Instructions Provded) now Apple version you will need to sign with your developer cert and so a Mac computer is required to sign and upload to apple.

Is there a place somewhere, to see all details about it?
    http://www.vbulletin.com/mobile

Leave a comment:

• Rallerbabz
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
    Ya in Apple App Store and Android Market you can sell your app for example I got a Free/Lite version with Adds (so got a continuous revenue stream) then I got a Paid/Pro app without ads that I sell for $0.99
    wow cool.

Can you tell me the name in Market, I'd like to check the free version out - just for fun :-)
    So you dont need to programming anything, just send it into Market/App Store or what?
    Is there a place somewhere, to see all details about it?

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    First of all; yeah Tapatalk is almost free, but it cant display articles and stuff like that.

SteveLV; What do you mean with the last sentence? Are you able to charge ppl for using the mobile suite on your own site? O.o
    Ya in Apple App Store and Android Market you can sell your app for example I got a Free/Lite version with Adds (so got a continuous revenue stream) then I got a Paid/Pro app without ads that I sell for $0.99

Leave a comment:

• Rallerbabz
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
    I tried it really didn't like it... plus..

* Can't display ads
    * Can't use Google Analytics to track usage
    * Can't brand it to match your site
    * Can't charge for it and make money - tapatalk makes all the money

First of all; yeah Tapatalk is almost free, but it cant display articles and stuff like that.

SteveLV; What do you mean with the last sentence? Are you able to charge ppl for using the mobile suite on your own site? O.o

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    I tried it really didn't like it... plus..

* Can't display ads
    * Can't use Google Analytics to track usage
    * Can't brand it to match your site
    * Can't charge for it and make money - tapatalk makes all the money

Leave a comment:

• TheNewOne
    replied
    I find the free one is good enough it does the job

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The branded version of tapatalk is 1000 (per app) USD baseline + more for extra features. you'd hvae to contact them for specifics.
    The vBulletin mobile suite is a branded iOS and Android app for 199 (without bundling discounts), you cannot customize it nearly as much as tapatalk, both 2 for the 10-20% of tapatalk, its kinda hard to compare it.

There is a free version of tapatalk (for you the site owner) that your members have to pay a few bucks for, that feeds tapatalk usage data about your users and sites. So I guess it is free.

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    Originally posted by TheNewOne View Post
    tapatalk is free and just as good
    referring to the custom branded version which is not free far from it..

Leave a comment:

• TheNewOne
    replied
    tapatalk is free and just as good

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    how did you determine insane prices compared to?

Publishing Suite + mobile suite = $470

or

Publishing Suite + Tapatalk Branded = $*,*** <--- thousands of dollars

or

Publishing Suite + Hire a Developer to make you a app = ton of money cause most developers looking at at least $100/hr and looking at hundreds upon hundreds of hours...

So me in my opinion $470 is a cheap price.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Correct. ($469)

Leave a comment:

• Rallerbabz
    replied
    Thanks for the answer.

Sorry to say so, but this is some insane prices.

If I would like the publishing package + mobile app I need to purchase the most expensive one (470 dollars) right?

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    For News/Articles you probably want the CMS which is only in Publishing Suite....

vBulletin really doesn't require any knowledge unless your wanting to make modules/addons...

Mobile version are you referring to the Mobile Style or the Mobile Suite

Mobile Style = a Template/Skin designed for mobile phones browsers - work in progress don't think it supports everything yet...

Mobile Suite = dedicated iPhone/Android app = supports Forums, Articles, Blogs, PMs, etc

Leave a comment:

• Rallerbabz
    started a topic A few question before purchasing

A few question before purchasing

Hello, I want vBulletin on my site.

I am going to make a site with a forum(ofc), news/articles and guides and that kind of stuff.
    What vBulletin should I buy?
    The Publishing suite or will the forum classic be enough? Does it have portal.php where I can put articles?

Also, does vBulletin require much knowledge with programming/php?

Also, the mobile version - does it cover the whole vbulletin with articles, blogs and stuff - or just forum?

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X