Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might purchase...

Hi,

At present i have a PHPBB forum with a Joomla front end as a cms.

I have always admired vb and am giving it serious thought now to buy it.

2 things i would like to know.

Can i port all my users and posts over from PHPBB.

If i purchase a vb 4 license does that mean i can use any version of vb ?

So far i have been looking at styles/themes and the ones i prefer seem to be the 3.8 versions of vb....

If you see my website now http://www.kkclan.net you will see i run a gaming community and like the dark gamer feel. I love the way vb 4 looks on stock but cant seem to find a suitable gamer style similar to my phpbb one.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Originally posted by FooKaa View Post
    Can i port all my users and posts over from PHPBB.
    Yes will import all Posts/Threads and Users but not passwords so users will be required to change passwords....

If i purchase a vb 4 license does that mean i can use any version of vb ?
    Yes you will get current v4 and all future versions of version 4 as well as v3 and v2.....

So far i have been looking at styles/themes and the ones i prefer seem to be the 3.8 versions of vb....

If you see my website now http://www.kkclan.net you will see i run a gaming community and like the dark gamer feel. I love the way vb 4 looks on stock but cant seem to find a suitable gamer style similar to my phpbb one.
    search vbulletin.org
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
      Yes will import all Posts/Threads and Users but not passwords so users will be required to change passwords....

Yes you will get current v4 and all future versions of version 4 as well as v3 and v2.....

search vbulletin.org

Thanks for the quick reply...

Any pointers on how to port users and posts would be much appreciated...

Comment

once download and install then you download and run the Impex Importer it does all work for you just follow the directions
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
          I recommend that you advise your members both before and after the forum change that they will have to request a new (temporary) password after the change in forum software. Also I would remind them to update their email addresses in their settings. A lot of the issues I had when I switched from iKonboard to vB was related to members not remembering what email addy they used. LOL.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatChaMissin View Post
            I recommend that you advise your members both before and after the forum change that they will have to request a new (temporary) password after the change in forum software. Also I would remind them to update their email addresses in their settings. A lot of the issues I had when I switched from iKonboard to vB was related to members not remembering what email addy they used. LOL.

I hope this helps.

Thanks i will do that

And thanks impex i have it .....

Now all i need to do is find a decent style that looks sexier than the one i use now...

I have no problem paying for a premium style if it looks the dogs dangleys

I looked at the place first linked.. Any other places worth checking out ?

Comment

Oh and 1 more question....

If i pick a vb 3.8.6 style do i need the same version of vb or can i use the latest version ?

I know this is prob a dumb question but im just curious.

Comment

Oh and 1 more question....

If i pick a vb 3.8.6 style do i need the same version of vb or can i use the latest version ?

I know this is prob a dumb question but im just curious.
                it all depends on the style if get from vbulletin.org usually says the compatibility
                Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X