Importing web crossing to vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing web crossing to vbulletin?

I've hosted a web crossing site for 10+ years and am trying to find a solution out there that can manage to import my web crossing content. Is this possible for vBulletin via professional services, etc.? A successful import would need to include user accounts, all discussions, and messsages intact with file attachment mapping still being valid.

Thank you.

It looks like vb supports importing from web crossing version 5.0 (I have no idea what you are running or what the latest version is). It looks like importer for this system is no longer being actively developed so you may want to email sales/support and ask them if it will work correctly with the latest version of vbulletin. You can also inquire what data is actually imported
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry I did not respond sooner -- for some reason, I did not receive an email notification that this thread had been responded to. I am following your lead and I wrote a detailed message to vBulletin Sales to see if they can possibly assist with migration from Web Crossing. Your point about what data is actually imported is a critical one -- besides the obvious (like user ids and topic structure), my big concern is that file attachments may not import over to vBulletin.

If the current version of vBulletin can not support a Web Crossing import, I wonder if I can get this import to work with a previous version of vBulletin to at least get the migration complete, and THEN upgrade vBulletin from there as a sort of work-around.

Anyway, I hope vBulletin folks or perhaps a third-party will have some proven experience and expertise to help me with this as the dbase size I have is 7GB in size (!!!!).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X