Why does it take so long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it take so long?

I was just wondering why it takes so long for support staff to update a customer's e-mail address? I posted over an hour ago about updating my e-mail address because I am selling my website today (it's not coming with the license) however in about 1 hour and 10minutes time I will no longer have the e-mail account that is registered with vBulletin.

I posted on their form (support ticket) and an hour later posted a follow up and still nothing has changed. I am getting a little worried now as in a real short period of time I will no longer have this e-mail however if vBulletin do not update my e-mail account the new owners of the site will be able to set up exactly the same e-mail account and come and get my license details and start claiming it as their own.

While I appreciate that Support Staff here are over worked and under paid (see I am on your team power to the working class lol) this is a simple request to log into my account and update my e-mail address to the one I now use before it's too late and I could possibly have my license (which I plan to use for a new venture) taken from me.

Because your email change isn't the only thing we do. Installations, Phone Support, Technical Support in Tickets and Forums. Depending on time schedules and work loads, it can take up to 24 hours to change your email. We'll get to it as soon as possible.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Also, every time you 'bump' your ticket by sending in another reply, you go to the bottom of the queue.

If you ever sell a site in the future, you may want to request to have your email changed a bit earlier than one hour before you are to do the transfer.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Damn it, Didn't realize it went to the bottom of the queue serves me right I guess.
        I didn't really think about updating my e-mail here, as opposed to government sites etc, until I read a things to remember when selling your website post on another site and it had it on there so I came running.

I didn't mean for the message to sound rude and I apologize if it did I was just merely asking a question.

Next time update e-mail is at the very top of my list when I sell a site

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne
          Also, every time you 'bump' your ticket by sending in another reply, you go to the bottom of the queue.
          to me, that makes no sense. ticket's should be sorted by the submission date regardless of whether follow-ups have been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
            to me, that makes no sense. ticket's should be sorted by the submission date regardless of whether follow-ups have been posted.
            It probably makes no sense to you because you're not doing the work. Tickets are often as series of back and forth replies and people are working on many different tickets at the same time. When we reply to a ticket, the system marks it as closed and it disappears from our screens. When the customer replies, it marks the ticket as open and it shows up again. Sorting the tickets based on the last reply allows us to work on them in the order they are received.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

maybe i just don't understand it properly but if someone posts a ticket and are about to be answered then they post a follow-up with say their mysql info they go down the queue?

if that's not the case then cool.

Comment

I suspect there are way more users who bump their request because they deem it way more important than any other request out there than the rase case of someone actually posting valueable follow up information.

So i think the idea behind the system is great. Beeing lound and forceful shouldn't make you more important.

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
                  maybe i just don't understand it properly but if someone posts a ticket and are about to be answered then they post a follow-up with say their mysql info they go down the queue?

if that's not the case then cool.
                  You are not seeing the complete picture. I used to think the same. But now I can see it is should be the way it is currently

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
                    You are not seeing the complete picture. I used to think the same. But now I can see it is should be the way it is currently
                    Yep, I suspect so.

It was never a criticism of the support staff, it just seemed an odd system.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X