Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to limit access to subscription-based content in vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to limit access to subscription-based content in vBulletin?

I am considering buying licenses for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite.

Before I do, I have a question pertaining to vBulletin deployment.

How do you limit access to subscription-based content in vBulletin?

Let me give an example.

Suppose I publish an article in a blog, that contains an external link to a downloadable file.

I want members with a subscription to be able to download the file directly.

Members without a subscription see a text such as "Only accessible with a paid subscription".

They click the link and are taking to a page where they can purchase a subscription.

Does vBulletin support this out-of-the box?

Or perhaps with specific plugins?

If so, could you point me to plugins implementing this functionality?

Awaiting your reply,

--Strangelove

Out of the box you can set it so the usergroup of subscribers ARE allowed to download attachments and non-subscribers will get a "No Permission" error. You can customize this error to suggest they buy a subscription and link to your subscriptions page.

It isn't exactly as you described but very close. To make it exact you would need to custom coded mods, you could search for or request on the official modification site: www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

vBulletin supports Promotions and Subscriptions out of the box. Using Subscriptions and usergroups, you can restrict access to content in different forums and sections. You can even restrict access to downloads on an extension by extension basis depending on their usergroup. The only thing that requires a modification is the link to the subscriptions if they don't already have one. This can be handled by vBulletin's Template Conditionals though.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X