vBulletin vs Lithium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin vs Lithium

I have the budget for Lithium, but wondering if I really need it.

Wondering what features would I miss out if I went vBulletin?

This is for a developer community site that will have about 5k members.

To be honest I never heard of "Lithium" and had to look it up. It seems like a very different company, they look like they will promote your site and products and are a marketing "partner." vBulletin is just software we sell and you install on your own server. We do not do any kind of promotions or anything further than provide the software and support.

We do not have a SaaS option at this time, you would need to have your own hosting.

My short research shows Lithium costs hundreds to thousands of dollars a month. vBulletin is a one time cost of $249- not really in the same business. If you just need a way for people to post/read content vBulletin is for you.

Comment

I know forums that moved AWAY from Lithium. Never heard of anyone moving TO it.

Comment

For the budget you could run Lithium, you could hire an entire team to run your site, servers, and pay for the software every month of the year, and still save money.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X