Setting up a vbulletin forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a vbulletin forum

Hi Iam considering setting up a vbulletin website forum 1 master domain with 20 forums under this . There will be 20 different domains that will be forwarded towards the master domain that will have 20 forums . I have asked a web developer but got some strange reason he said dont use vbulletin as the company has been taken over and all the top guys have left . I will require the site to be compatible with mobile phones . Please can u advise what is the best option and the kind of web hosting requirements I require. Thank you saros

There is a demo of vB5 available, so maybe it is a good idea to start with that in order to get an idea about the software:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5-trial

Also vB5 is responsive, so you can view it on a mobile device. Try browsing this forum with your phone/ipad/whatever and then you can see it.

Comment

If you have 20 different domains showing 20 different forms that would require 20 different licenses, are you sure that is what you planned?

Comment

Originally posted by Saros View Post
        I have asked a web developer but got some strange reason he said dont use vbulletin as the company has been taken over and all the top guys have left .
        Why do you think that answer was strange? If this is a developer you have trusted and used before I would heed his warning. If it's someone new to you then get a second opinion.

If you decide to go with vB then make sure you read the hidden lic feedback section ( you have to be a paid custom to access) before downloading your software, just in case you wish to request a refund. You can't after downloading the software (even if you don't install it first)
        Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

Please can u tell me the technical specifications .,my hosting company is uk2.net and I wish to buy the cloud package but I asked them if vbulletin will be ok on there servers , they was not sure but said get the technical specifications and see if that it is compatible with cpanel, and mod_security

Comment